Sunday, February 12, 2012

B.F.F.'s

Guess what B.F.F. stands for?
Brave & Ferocious Fighters
Bavarian French Fascists
Bali-wood Favoring Freaks
B-Asian Flexibility Fiends
or, if you want to be cliche,
Best Friends Forever.
This has been the weekend (slash a year and a half) of being B.F.F's with Sel.
Our date nights for the past few weekends have been A-W-E-some :)
Two weekends ago we tried out Banana Leaf (delectable new Indian restaurant-the owners are from Sri Lanka and are soon to be our B.F.F.'s-Bali-wood favoring freaks) & went to "One For the Money"
Last weekend we were supposed to go to P.F. Changs and then to the Peking Acrobat show. Turns out P.F. Changs is annoyingly packed on Friday nights. And so is that new sandwich place by the mall. And the Mexican restaurant by the mall AND Iggy's. Not Five Guys though...Aside from taking way too long to find an institution that would take our money and feed us, the show was SPECTACULAR. I decided long ago that Asians are not human. They are super human. Some too amazing to be real types in all areas-physical, mental, social, emotional, etc. These acrobats were insane and Sel and I are still blown away.

This weekend was our Euro date night. I was in charge of planning it and kind of failed at first. On Friday Sel got 100% on his anatomy test. 100% on a 100 question test. Not real. I am married to someone who maybe has some Asian blood in him...maybe our babies will have beautiful almond shaped eyes and perfect raven colored hair!!! Also, the poor chap has another test coming up for that class and is probably going to get ANOTHER 100%. Anyway, after Sel's test I was planning on having a lovely dinner ready for us. Instead, I got distracted by one of the ultra fluffy sofa things in the JSB with sunlight basking it in welcoming warmth. I was awakened an hour later by Sel's phone call that he was done at the testing center. We walked home and spent the next two hours deliberating between the many options I had come up with. Sel does not really do well with being hungry. Who does really? So by the time 8:00PM rolled around he was REAL hungry and real frustrated that his wife was failing the dating planning responsibility he has been taking on since we first met. I mean, come on, what doesn't that boy ace? Huge tests. Date planning. Being the best human ever.
FINALLY, I decided we were going to walk to Smith's, buy stuff for bruschetta, and have a Euro picnic in our living room.

The very cultural movie we watched was Triumph of the Will. Never heard of it? Oh, that's because it is Nazi propaganda documentary :) Hold up. False, we are not supporters of the Nazi Party. I learned all about the director, Leni Riefenstahl, in my civ class and Sel is all about learning anything and everything about Germany. Anything. It was interesting for a bit, but it also made me feel like punching Hitler in the face and swiftly ripping off his hideous nose hair extension mustache and stuffing it down his throat. When don't I feel like that though? Nurnburg, as I learned at age 6 looking through my dad's pictures, is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and I desperately want to go there. :) Maybe for Christmas. Mom, Dad? Wanna go? Cool. Great. Awesome.

Also, this weekend has been spent perfecting our Nerf battling skills. I have now mastered the battle axe. As in, I can catch the handle of the axe all LOTR style in midair. I have never felt more legit. Sel has mastered his Nerf macing and, as always, dominates the Nerf sword. His foot work far surpasses mine. We also got some fantastical guns for X-mas from our cousins, Jesse & Syd, and had battles with them during our homework breaks. Nerf RULES folks.
B.F.F's all the way!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment