Thursday, September 12, 2013

My Imaginary Brother

We have an IM set up in my company that allows you to communicate with anyone in the company network. Since both of my parents work for the same company I do, that means we can chat all day everyday. It's the best. My mom and I had a really great, meaningful conversation today that I thought I would share.

2:30 PM Lauren
Hi! Hi! Hi!
How's Sarah btw? She has been really sweet and has been texting me every day since I called her to see how I am doing
Have you talked to her lately?
2:34 PM Maria
dad talked to her yesterday and she’s good
2:35 PM Lauren
Cool. How is my imaginary brother?
2:35 PM Maria
fantastic
2:35 PM Lauren
Good. I worry about him sometimes
2:35 PM Maria
you shouldn't
2:36 PM Lauren
I don't know. He hasn't been making the greatest life choices lately.
Like being imaginary instead of real for example
2:39 PM Maria
he is the child we like the best you know
2:47 PM Lauren

That's only cause he doesn't ever cause you real grief, just imagined grief. If he were real, I would obviously be the child you liked best. 

My mom is the greatest to have a conversation with. Also, my imaginary bro is doing a little bit better since this conversation :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment