Monday, April 24, 2017

Lyra Rose 10 Months

I missed her 10-month mark by a long shot, but it's still before her 11th one!
Lyra girl is a crack up. She is a climber! The other day at the Y, she pushed an exersaucer from the baby side up to the divider to the big kid side then hopped herself up to the top of that and before Pochantas style jumping to the other side, a worker realized she was up there. They prefaced me coming to pick her up with "Lyra is totally okay, but..". I've found her standing on our train table before too and she can do a pull-up! Rowan and her like to hang on the treadmill and I was helping her and she used her crazy strong arms to do a pull-up with essentially no help from me.
Some of my favorite things she does:

I love her and her boyfriend Kenny together. They went to the zoo and played happily along one another without Lyra trying to love him a little more aggressively than he would prefer. 
* Says cow-cow-cow-cow (less articulate obviously) and gets this big gummy grin while holding this plastic cow

*Says Dada and Mama when she sees one of us

* When she signs baby, she uses her whole body to rock her little arms. It's adorable.

* When she dances, she bounces up and down on her bum then sways side to side until she usually falls over. She was fascinated by Row's recent dance recital and will let out a little scream every time we watch his two minutes of fame.

* She is an eater still! Less and less food ends up on her lap these days during mealtime and more actually ends up in her mouth. She recently discovered scrambled eggs and shuffles them into her mouth before her brother has taken a single bite. She might eat more than he does right now.

* Her little steps she is taking are crazy! I knew it was coming for awhile, but it's still like seeing a fish out of water for me. I almost stop breathing when I see her do it because I can't believe what I'm seeing is real.

* She loves to share her food. She'll reach over and hold a piece of food with the expectation whomever she is offering it to will nibble a little out of her hand. It's pretty sweet. She is a nurturer already. Our friend's six-month old was over and she hurridly signed baby then went over to put her in a loving choke hold. I think it was supposed to be a hug, but it looked a little traumatic for princess Leia.

I love this pic for so many reasons, but one of them captured Lyra sharing with her pal Kelsey. Jennifer had just been hit in the face while drinking her water with a ball kicked by Sel. I can't even handle all the emotions and perfection this captured. 
* When Rowan or anyone else is trying to take something from her, instead of just holding on real tight to the object, she'll rotate her arm behind her (palm up) and do a pretty spectacular job of thwarting the grabber. If it's Rowan taking something from her, it regrettably means he now has to essentially tackler her to get it. She's pretty immune to pain at this point (apparently) and will cry more out of frustration and anger than being hurt. She tumbled off of the couch the other day (ahem...headfirst with me two feet from her), rolled over, and crawled away to whatever she so intently was pursuing.

Pretty proud of herself for getting an egg
*Her favorite game is "gunna get you!". She loves to crawl up me and have Row or Sel chase her. She'll play it with me a little, but she seems to get confused and just try and crawl up me and smack me in the face when I try and "get her".

*She has this hilarious little patch of hair on the back of her head. She's getting some hair. Some. But that patch likely comprises 80% of her current hair.

* We lovingly call her Lyra Sourbum because she is still sooo smelly. It lingers for hours after a diaper change too. I'll walk into their room first thing in the morning and know before I pick her up what's waiting for me.

* She's started to do this downward dog thing that I think is an attempt at a somersault. Row loves to do them and she giggles while watching him. It's adorably hilarious to

*Rowan is easily startled and hates loud noises. I make a smoothie most days for breakfast and will warn Lyra it's going to be loud by putting my hands over my ears. She loves loud noises and generally just laughs at a loud noise. So while making my breakfast I have a two-year-old with his hands glued to his ears screaming to push the red button and turn it off while Lyra sits in the highchair cracking up and clapping her hands. She imitates the hands over ears now whenever she hears any loud noise now and it's sooooo cute!

Covering her ears during the loud laughter that is always present at King family gatherings
*My mom nods very pointedly when she talks and Lyra started to imitate her while Facetiming. She really only does it when talking to my mom, though she sometimes nods if I ask her if she wants more of something
Loving all over her Mimi

* A not favorite is her recent discovery of how to not sit in the grocery cart. Even while strapped in at it's tightest, she'll manage to turn around somehow and stand up. It's awful.
She escaped and I was torturing her by trying to get her to stay in the cart

* Lyra is doing pretty good sleeping! She'll go down around 8:00pm with Rowan and sometimes wake up around 1:00 then sleep until 7:30am. The worst thing is one of them still wakes up right as I drift off to sleep. It doesn't matter where we are, what time they went to bed, what time I'm going to bed, how loud or not loud we were, etc. It's that moment right as I can tell my mind is drifting and I'm completely relaxed that one of them wakes up. I've tried just laying in bed doing something else to catch the crier before I go to sleep, but it doesn't work that way. I must be happily almost asleep. #momlife

I am still smitten with her eyes! Those sweet peepers are just so beautiful! 
* Her top two teeth look like they might be coming through! She hasn't been too fussy and I haven't noticed a change in sleeping habits (blessing from on high! Rowan was always weeks of bad sleeping and fussiness when teething). I'm pretty excited to see what she'll look like with four little chompers.

There's so much more, but I can never think of it all when I start writing one of these. She's darling and sweet while also a little wild and crazy. We love our rosebud.



Babies are just so good for the soul





No comments:

Post a Comment