Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Rodrick Royal 3 Months

Rodrick goes by Rocky about 60% of the time. I love it. I sometimes punch his little fists in the air and yell "Yo Adrian!". He's also built rock solid (in that perfect squishy, baby way) and has hands and feet that are gigantic. I'm fairly certain he'll catch up on the growth charts with our other kids. He's stretching out of his 3-6 month clothes and looks deliciously chubby. 
He does a lot of unblinking staring. I love startling him. His already wide-open eyes get HUGE. I can't handle it. He is starting to smile so much more and does these adorable breathy giggles. He has a perfect, full mouth like his father and brother so when he smiles, his mouth gets gigantic. It makes me want to eat him. Actually, everything he does makes me want to eat him. 
He's been a bit more fussy than I remember my other two being. He really loves being held. I know that's not unusual, but I think he realizes he is in mortal danger in our house the times he isn't being held. If he's being held, he's pretty content. Rodrick can roll over, but has only done it a few times. He is intent on sitting up. It's so funny. If he's in a reclined position, he crunches right on up to sitting then immediately falls over. It's funny because he was doing little crunches in one of his early ultrasounds and we joked that he knew he had to prepare to be Lyra's little brother. Too true. 
Rodrick seems to have some tummy issues. My other two never projectile vomited, but Rocky does. He's done it a handful of times and it's shocking each and every time. The volume and the force behind it is impressive. 
He loves being outside. He'll calm down really easily if I take him outside for a few minutes. Rodrick blissfully takes a binky! It makes it so much easier when they do. Driving in the car with him is painful. He hates it. He cries constantly. We made the 14 hour drive from Omaha to Utah with him and it was better than I imagined, but still painful. He's starting to get really interested in toys and we luckily brought a baby toy that got us through a lot of the trip. 
I like being able to tell more and more what makes him happy. He will pull off over and over again while nursing when he really needs to burp. I can tell every time and I love being able to know what he needs without words. I've started signing milk each time and I'm already getting grateful all over again for sign language. He makes cute little desperate sounds when I ask if he wants milk to acknowledge in the affirmative. 

He sleeps really well and that makes all the difference. He starts in the pack-n-play around the kids usual bedtime 7/8pm and joins me in bed around 4am. I couldn't be more grateful for sleep. He takes a consistent morning nap an hour after he wakes up for about an hour and the rest is still just whenever he can catch one. 

The kids both still love him. Lyra is getting so much better at actually helping. She loves changing his diaper. They both sometimes fight over helping which is...unhelpful. BUT I'm not going to kill their helpful spirit. Rowan tells everyone about his baby brother and how old he is and that he likes him. They both do a good job holding him, but are luckily asking for it a little less than they did at the start 

Rocky also loves: bathes, when Lyra and Rowan make faces at him, having his warm, soft head rubbed,  cuddling with grandparents, a colorful bunny rattle, fans, sucking on his hands and feet

Rocky dislikes: getting changed, getting out of the tub, riding in the car, Lyra's voice (it's sad because she is so sweet and loves being able to help him, but she is SO loud)



No comments:

Post a Comment