Sunday, December 11, 2011

Flabby Arm Girl Strikes Back!

I have been sitting on the couch for the past half of an hour trying to tell myself I really need to study for finals. The only thing I have studied is the cool picture on the front of my abnormal psych book. I have decided to talk about a recent life victory that will hopefully get me into my conquer all mood.
If you regularly read this blog, you will remember a few weeks ago when my exercise physiology TA mortified me in front of my entire class. It was a grand old time. Our last lab was designed to test our VO2 max (aka the best way to determine your cardiovascular health). My awesome partner and I ran an easy mile and then did the ASU treadmill test. Essentially, you run naked on a treadmill in front of your class and they take a vote on whether you are fat or not.
Okay, not true. But maybe a test like that does exist somewhere...I could see Greece doing something like that.
Moving on. You increase the grade 1.5% at 6mph every minute. You just keep increasing the grade until you collapse. Guess what the average of my three tests was?
51.56 mL/kg/min.
Guess what the class average for the girls in my class was?
44.32 ml/kg/min. The high: 51.56 (Me suckas)
The boys?
51.25 mL/kg/min. The high: 53.12 mL/kg/min (only this dude and another dude beat me)
Oh, I'm sorry. Did I see that correctly?
Did the girl with the flabby arms, the hole in her heart and a passing out issue beat the whole fetching average of my BYU athlete filled class?
Hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha. Hope my tricep fat doesn't smack you too hard in the face while I pass you during my next marathon! SUCKAS!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. This will motivate me so so so much next time I'm on a treadmill. The lean mass of man muscle next to me best be waving at my tricep fat as I proverbially pass him!

    ReplyDelete