Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Half of a Century

Sel turned half of a century old last week! I can hardly believe it! Poor kid though. Sel's birthday is unforunately close to Chrismtas, which means it sometimes get overshadowed by the wonderfully festive season. It also, even more unfortunately so, is always smack dab in the middle of finals week. Every birthday for the past six years (minus the time he spent in Germany) has been spent taking at least one final.
That guy is a sport about it all, but it also makes me a little sad we can't spend the whole month solely celebrating just him.

If you know Sel or I pretty well, you know we go ALL OUT for celebrations. The first birthday I spent with Sel was his 23rd. I got him 23 balloons and wrote 23 reasons on them why he was spectacular. I also got him dragon footy pajamas so we could be life long pajama loving people. I also kidnapped him with Kit, Kat, Caboodle, and PAM and took him to breakfast in his new pj's. Best part= Kit made a double RAINBOW cake! Look at the grin on that boy. Melts my heart how happy he looks.
Nothin sexier than footy pajamas


What a freaking cutie!

Fast foward another year to Sel's 24th. The balloons with love notes and drawings made a reappearance plus one. A delicious cake was made and some fun presents were given. I even managed to keep one of the big presents (a nerf battle axe and nerf vest) a secret which I have found is remarkably difficult to do once you're married. The best part though was the suprise party Kit helped me throw. A nerf battle of the most epic nature occured and I don't think I have ever seen Sel happier. He was totally in his element as he weilded his thousand and two weapon collection while hunting his friends, wife, and siblings. I will admit to be ridiculously proud at how well this baby turned out. Again, Sel WAS SO HAPPY!

Riding in the campus library elevator and shooting unsuspecting students.

One of my very few baking successes!
My sexy sniper

And here are just some older pictures of Sel being adorable on his eighth birthday and EXTRA adorable just because. Our kids are going to be the most adorable humans to EVER walk/crawl the planet if they get most all of his genes.
He is the melt your heart adorable one in the red (his bro is looking cute too, of course) I want to dress all our little boys in bow ties and button up jackets and knee high socks and then suffer a heart attack from how cute they will be. At least I will die happy, right?

 This year I felt was not up to the standard of the past two. The wedding and finals and traveling kept plans from being perfectly made. Despite it not being our usual party of the century, I think Sel had a happy 25th.
The morning started with 25 ballons, a song I wrote (if you're lucky, I will post it here...maybe), and a veggie stuffed omelette in bed. Sel had to take a final (boo!) and had stayed up until 2:00AM studying. When I brought him his breakfast before work, he was a complete and utter zombie. I felt bad waking his cute self up, but I wanted to make sure he had something to eat before his final.
Sel then got to eat lunch at his all time favorite establishment, Chik-fil-A. I was lucky enough to get an extended lunch break so I could stare at him smiling while chowing down those waffle fries and complimentary birthday ice-cream sundae.
He had to take a final the next day too, so he spent the rest of his birthday hours studying. Poor chap!
I was going to make this fabulous bruschetta chicken dinner with an ultra expensive cheese tasting appetizer. Sel LOVES cheese. As I've mentioned before, my hubby has some seriously classy taste and it gets ultra class when it comes to cheese. I had discreetly asked him a month ago to list twenty things he would do if he was rich. One of his responses was to buy all the delicious, expensive cheese he could from Harmons' excellently large selection. So, for his birthday I spent an amount I am not even going to admit on five different fancy cheeses. We sadly haven't tried any of them yet, because Sel really wanted a GIANT salad for dinner instead of the meal I had planned. Which was a really good call cause we ate SOOOOO much that day. Yikes!
If you are looking for a fabulous big salad, Red Robin has one of the best in town. They brought Sel a little birthday cake/ice-cream thing, but didn't sing Happy Birthday. I started to, but then Sel asked me not to since I had already sung him Happy Birthday 5 times that day already....Bet he didn't want to make the other restaurant goers jealous that they don't have a wife that sings as beautifully as I do.
The best part of his big day happened when our wonderful siblins came over for a miniature b-day party. I made a not-as-delicious-as-last-year cake and bought some gourmet ice-cream to share. Kit & Kat got Sel a nerf gun (his third weapon for this birthday) and Rocky & Red got Sel a panda hat that I am SO obsessed with. He looks like an overgrown manchild with it on and I can't get over how much I love that.
Our siblins really made his day happy! We all laughed, ate, shot nerf guns, and watched YouTube videos for a while. It was a sacrifice for them to take time out of their finals studying to come over and I couldn't be more grateful! Yay for the best family in the WORLD!
I think Sel was happy which makes me SO happy which makes the world a really super duper happy place :)
So lucky to be with this hunk of a 25-year-old :)












No comments:

Post a Comment