Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Roller Coaster

Yesterday started off as one of the worst days of my young adult life. I was running on fumes from a mostly sleepless weekend which , of course, made everything seem horrible anyway. I then found out the terrible news that Santa had been murdered by Aragog on his way to deliver presents to Middle Earth which meant Christmas was cancelled for those of us not living in Middle Earth. Contributing to the cancelling of Christmas, I found out I had to work Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. I was heartbroken since this meant our plan of traveling to Twin Falls on the 23rd then hopping over to Idaho Falls after was not going to happen. It also meant most of our plans for the break were more or less not going to happen.  What made it infinitely worse was when someone I thought most of all would show sympathy told me to suck it up. I felt pressured from all ends and angry that the people I was hoping to lean on most were the least willing to let me.  I was hurt and wrote a post about “How to Kick Someone When They are Down”. You are lucky it didn’t make it up here it was snarky and biting and oozing with sarcasm. I was even more emotionally compromised after meeting Sel at the gym and spending it frustrated, hurt, and crying a tinsy bit as we discussed everything which then put him in a terrible mood too. There is nothing that makes me feel worse than making Sel feel bad L Let me clarify so you don’t think I am quite as much as a pansy. This year is likely one of the last that all of Sel’s and my siblins will be together and it will be the first ever that all of his parents four children and their spouses will be there. We rarely get to see Roy and Joy and my sweet little nephew and I miss them way too much to spend such a little amount of time with them. Also, one of my best friends is getting back from her mission and I have been looking forward to seeing her for sooooo long and it was looking like I was going have to wait almost a month longer to see her. In the post you didn’t get to see, I talked about how often I see people who are genuinely hurting get told their feelings aren’t valid OR there are people in much worse circumstances so they should stop complaining. How does that every make the world a happier place? Did the person we celebrate Christmas in honor of ever do something like that to someone? Never. Nor would He ever.  Sorry…getting away from the fact that I was NOT planning on posting that tid bit. Now on to the happiness that is happening. After our miserable workout, we came home to the half-hearted newly invented stew I had thrown together the night before and guess what? It ended up being AMAZING and making us feel a bit happier about life. Then Sel, being the stud of a husband that he is, decided we should do something ultra-cheerful for FHE by making gingerbread houses, finishing our Christmas decorations, listening to Christmas music, and counting our blessings. It helped me realize that no matter what happens and no matter how small or big my problems feel, Sel will always be there cause he is as close to perfect as a person can be. Now that you read all about the anger, frustration and sadness, get ready for HAPPINESS!!!! Today I was able to get work off!!!!! Whew, I feel like I just got off one helluva emotional roller coaster and now get to enjoy that post adrenaline tingle. Here is a link to something that will make you smile whether you are having a good or bad day!
http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/people-who-are-having-a-worse-day-than-you

No comments:

Post a Comment