Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A True Celebration

Our anniversary was ridiculously fun despite the three hours we spent after work at the bank with our lender. One of my favorite parts of the day was when Sel came to meet me for lunch. I was on the phone with a customer when my little nephew came toddling in the door holding a sunflower (my favorite) and saying “La-La” over and over again. Davie calls me Aunt Lala and it melts my heart every single time he sticks that little tongue of his waaay out and trills those two syllables. His cute self was followed by my dashing hubby carrying a green vase of beautiful sunflowers and a GIANT canvas portrait of us from our bridals. That boy surely knows how to spoil me. We ate at Chick-fil-A, an all time favorite of Sel’s and Davie powered through some healthy fried chicken and milk. After work, as I mentioned earlier, we got to spend three hours signing our souls away for our mortgage. It really wasn’t that awful, but I would have definitely spent our anniversary evening doing something different than that. We tried out a new restaurant in town called the Elephant Bar that was pretty darn delicious. We have had our fair share of sweet potato fries and we generally enjoy them, but the ones we had that night blew our socks off. Our waiter had us try our fries with warm caramel. It transformed some decent sweet potato fries into a regular Thanksgiving party of marshmallow encrusted candied yams. It was amazing! I would definitely recommend giving it a try. Also, when our waiter found out it was our second anniversary, he brought us out an ice-cream dessert with two little candles for us to blow out. What a pal J We then went for secondies of ice-cream to Handel’s and discovered a miracle. Our favorite ice-cream of all time is Graham Canyon from the BYU Creamery. We were never able to find any flavor even comparable to our beloved flavor and doubted we ever would until this fateful night. We have now discovered Graham Canyon’s less attractive younger sibling. It is very comparable to Graham Canyon, but has a lot of room to grow to become the full-fledged life-defining ice-cream that Graham Canyon is. We then blasted our wedding song on the way back home and laughed like crazy people. It was pure bliss. I am obsessed with that guy. We also got a really sweet card from my parents and a Home Depot gift card. Jackpot for our new (almost) homeowner selves! And we also got an adorable card from our second parents, my sweet aunt and uncle. The thoughtfulness of my relatives makes me tear up sometimes. We are so grateful for all the love our families so generously pour upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment