Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Roaring 20's

I have always  had super vivid, freaky dreams. Always. As in, we have documentation of me having weekly frightmares as a 3-year-old. It's been a lifelong treat. Growing this human has take my dreaming to a whole new level. I now believe I (or this baby) might have psychic powers. 
Let me explain. I have two reoccurring stress dreams. One is where I show up to class and realize I forgot to go all semester and we are taking an in-class final the day I finally remembered to show up. The second reoccurring dream is where I have been cast in a play/musical and forgot to memorize my lines/songs or go to rehearsal even once. Friday night I had the play/musical dream. I was wearing the red boa we had bought for our upcoming 1920's murder mystery dinner and frantically flipping through my script trying to memorize my lines. 
Flash forward to our wonderful Friday night date at the Manor house for the 1920's dinner. I was donning my red boa and Sel was looking ridiculously handsome in his matching red bow tie. While we are sitting there eating dinner (that I hated because this child also hates pretty much all food), one of the actresses comes up to me, gives me some lines, and tells me I am now starring as Daisy in the murder-mystery play. It was fun, but also so, so embarrassing. I also got to star in two of their musical numbers that I didn't know any of the words to. Coincidence that I dreamed the whole thing more or less the night before? I think not. 
In other news, the dinner was a blast. Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure. 

Seriously?! This guy. Such a stud. 

We got ready at my office. I know it will be hard for you to pull your eyes off anything but that gangsta, but the red blanket in the back is what I have been using to take a nap during my lunch break for the past two weeks. Best idea I've (Sel) has ever had.  

Looking short

And my new favorite picture of Sel ever <3 nbsp="" td="">

We had to contain the boa in Sel's hat by the end of the night because it kept getting EVERYWHERE. The Wildwoods metro park clean up crew probably hates me. 

1 comment:

  1. Pregnancy dreams are great, aren't they? ha! They just get crazier-- I journaled mine lol! On a side note, that dinner looks like it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete