Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Baby #3 30 Weeks

Here we are a few weeks in to the third trimester and about 3-million-years from having another baby. The weeks are flying by, but I know how loooong it gets over the next few months. 
I have been extraordinarily blessed to have very easy pregnancies. That being said, pregnancy is not easy. You have to learn to cope with a daily dose of feeling generally uncomfortable/ not yourself. Bending over is already starting to feel a bit like a chore and my forever pregnancy plague of pants not fitting is happening this time around too. I just want my pants to not slide down to my knees 24/7. You'd think pants falling off would be a sign of slimness, but nay, it is a sign of a rounding belly pushing pant material down with absolutely no resistance from my behind. Belly bands are helpful, but not 100% reliable.

I do feel pretty great at this current stage. I've been able to keep a higher level of fitness than my previous pregnancies, but I've started to get pretty sore in my back if I run too hard. I want to keep running throughout the next 10 weeks since it's such an endorphin high, but I probably need to get realistic about what amount of pain I want to deal with afterward.  The gym has been such a blessing. Being active during pregnancy has never been an issue. If anything, I've been more motivated during it than other times in my life. Now knowing that I have a clotting disorder, I attribute that inner push I"ve had. The post-partum period is really where it hits me hard. I'm so tired, sneaking in working out around a newborn sleeping/other kids schedules (and choosing not to nap instead) is nearly impossible, my body feels awful, my brain is broken...Pregnancy is a good time, but the post-partum is not nearly as nice to me.

Rowan and Lyra have been really sweet to baby bruva. Rowan talks plenty about all the games he will be playing with his brother and Lyra talks a lot about giving him milky and changing his yucky bum. I'm so excited to see them be siblings to this new baby! They both fought over who got to read him a book this morning.

This boy is calm and quiet. I only feel him really at nighttime. He's not super active which always makes me a little nervous. I'm hopeful it will be an indicator of his personality being a peaceful one (instead of someone who only wants to be awake at night).

No comments:

Post a Comment