Monday, January 23, 2012

The Orange Reality



First, I have to confess my husband is the best human ever :) Yesterday, I passed out on our couch (in a normal exhausted way, not in a lack of blood to the brain way) and the handsome fellow carried my limp body to bed. And then he snuggled up next to my drooling face even though I was too tired to get up and brush my teeth. That my friends is love.
Second, a boy passed me on the stairs the other day and decided to welcome me to Space Camp. He informed me it was two miles to the summit and then his black trench coated self vanished into the Smith Field House Forest.
Third, I did the most unspeakable thing. For as long as I can remember I have hated orange anything. Mandarin oranges. Cuties. Orange starbursts. Orange skittles. Orange sour patch kids. Sour patch kids in general. Orange M&M's. Orange cats. Orange fruit loops. Orange highlighters. Sunny D. Naval oranges. Blood oranges. Sunkist oranges.
Do you get it yet?
Sel and I made a bet months ago on how long it would take our brother-in-law to kiss a girl after he got back from his mission. I lost. If Sel lost, he was to eat a cup of mint ice-cream (his least favorite flavor in the world). If I lost, I had to eat (shudder) an orange.
Last week, I finally owned up to my part of the bet. It took a bit because I really didn't want to admit I lost...and because I fetching detest oranges.
Until now...I ate an orange. And I liked it. I think. It has been taking me awhile to adjust to this alternate reality where oranges might not taste like arsenic. I still am not sure who I really am anymore. I might even think of eating another one to help me decide what my new purpose in life might be instead..

1 comment: