Monday, January 9, 2012

Gramsified

(Grams explaining to me how to become amazing like her)

You know how people always think they have the most adorable grandma in the world? Okay, so maybe that only happens with children, BUT if this was a normalcy, I would absolutely win the contest of cutest grandmother in the universe.
My sweet 84-year-old grams stands just below my armpit at 4'11. She probably weighs 95 pounds, but is always insisting she is developing "a belly" and refuses to buy clothes (which she ALWAYS pronounces clo) lower than a 14 though she is obviously around a size 4. She gets her salt and pepper hair done every other Friday around 8AM. She loves lawn ornaments and celebrates every holiday to it's fullest potential. She has a stone goose that sits on her porch that she dresses in clothes themed to whatever season or holiday is being celebrated. She also sends cards to all of her grandkids and 21 (ish) great-grandkids for EVERY holiday-Valentines Day, Saint Patricks Day, Easter, etc. Her favorite color is blue which is obvious from her living room, kitchen, and bedroom decor. She drinks a concoction of pure cherry syrup and cranberry juice every morning ever since she heard about antioxidants. She can out power walk my 18-year-old sister. She is a chocolate addict. She will share EVERYTHING she owns, but she keeps a secret stash of the best chocolate in one of her laundry room cabinets around the holidays. She was a BABE (and still is) and married one of the handsomest fellows around. She misses my grandpa every single day and can hardly wait to see him again. While watching"The Mentalist", my grandmother will wax on about how handsome Simon Barker is and then abashedly cast her eyes to the ceiling and apologize to my deceased grandfather. She points her finger at me whenever I visit and says, "Are you still praying to keep me around? I'm ready to go and you can't stop me!" When the doctor tells her during checkups that she is perfectly healthy, she sighs. Everything my grandma does revolves around serving others and living like the Savior. She has an intuition like no other I have ever met and seems to always call when I need it most. She predicted the man I would marry down to the specifics and winked and whispered to me after meeting Sel that "He's the one!" She is absolutely hilarious without even trying too and has more spunk than any hormonal pre-teen I have ever met.
I want to be JUST like my Grandma someday. I know it will likely never happen because she is WAY too much to live up to, but I keep hoping all the same. Here's to becoming a future Wanda!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this! Grandmas are all awesome in wonderfully different ways :)

    ReplyDelete