Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Contagion

It is 2:30AM and I cannot sleep. Today has been one of the most miserable in my entire life. From throwing up to having a fever of 103, I haven’t been this sick in years. I have been delirious for most of the day and spent it texting and calling people about nonsensical things. Sel has been the most amazing caretaker in the entire world. He made me jell-o (which I am currently trying to force down), he carried my limp, pitiful body back and forth from the bathroom. He added blanket upon blanket as I sobbed about how freezing I was. He also forced me to drink a Powerade from my little sippy cup which was awful, but I think helpful on my road to recovery. He and my kind brother-in-law gave me a blessing. Sel put a heating pad on my side of the bed so when he managed to carry me like a stork to bed, it was nice and toasty. He has been trying to study for a big test he is taking on Thursday and has been SO patient with my absolutely pathetic self. My wish for death has become slightly lessened, but is still there whenever I try to move my aching limbs. Death come swiftly, death come quick. I spent 1:30-now crawling around our house wondering where I was and why Aragorn was telling me to "Fight back!". Poor Sel has been trying to sleep and trying to make sure I don't do something destructive. If you see that sweet boy today on campus, you should give him a BIG hug for me because my highly contagious self cannot :(



1 comment:

  1. LAUREN noooo! Please feel better soon! And I won't lie, I snorted at the Aragorn thing.

    ReplyDelete