Monday, October 15, 2012

Breaking Up with BYU

BYU and I have been together for the past four years (plus some if you count our courtship in high school and the additional 6 weeks of trying to DTR while just realizing it wasn't going to work out anymore)
But now it has been over 2 months since we had to break up :/
Over the past four years, BYU and I have been through a lot. 
We made some truly remarkable friends who then became family
We stayed up late together WAY too often studying and in our first year, staying up just so we could watch Alias with our new friends. ALL of Alias
We learned that the Testing Center is super judgemental and should be shunned for such a personality defect
 We learned 8AM classes are like falling into the prison pit with Bane and accepting a semester of darkness 
We spent a lot of time at the Milks and Grams catching up on sleep and stocking up on food
We spent glorious hours teaching fabulous students about how freaking amazing Anthropology is
We walked up the stairs of death hand in hand every day of the week for semesters on end
We learned Latin together and pretended it was actually Charms class
We figured out that living anywhere in Provo on a student budget = living in a ghetto paradise
We learned nothing quite rivals the experience of sitting in classes day after day listening to remarkable professors who know how to perfectly expand your throughout processes
We learned (a little too late in our relationship) making friends in class will always be the best idea you ever have.
BYU was even kind enough to introduce me to a dashing friend of his who then became Mr. Selface
We pretty much helped each other (okay, BYU helped me) find ourselves and figure out what is most important in this life

It has been so surreal lately realizing BYU and I will never be together again. Like, ever. We are never, ever, ever, getting back together! Whoops T-Swift attack. The other day I was walking around campus waiting for Sel and it felt beyond awkward. BYU has completely moved on from me. I feel a tinsy bit jealous of it's new companions and a little bit sad that it doesn't want me anymore. To be honest, I know our relationship had to end. It wasn't going anywhere and it was time for us to move on. Still, I told BYU to think of me, think of me fondly, when we've said goodbye! Remember me, once in a while, please promise me you'll try. We never said our love was evergreen or as unchanging as the sea, but if you can still remember stop and think of me. If I am being honest, BYU probably won't remember me (poor chap), but I'll remember you! (glorious symphony high notes)

Love my fake parents
Wanda being photo bombed by my grad hat...or my grad hat being photo bombed by Wanda?

He told me he liked my curls. Whole reason I went to college was to be told this one phrase as I walked across that lighted stage with my diploma.
I have the best friends in the world
Best parents in the universe

My beautiful second mother :)


Wait, you aren't my granddaughter..You're MISS AMERICA! Holy freaking Ute Cow Pie!
Cosmo getting handsy











No comments:

Post a Comment