Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Darkness Falls

My personality is a bit odd. Big surprise, huh? Bet you never knew that about me. I tend to like things the majority doesn’t. I love the darkness. I love the gloomy rain filled days much more than those boring sunny days. Fog creeping eerily around the town is the cherry on top of a perfect day. I love being cold (which I am almost all the time luckily). I think black ties with neon green for best color in the universe. I love scary movies (when they are done well...which is rarely unfortunately) more than all other genres…except maybe documentaries. A documentary about anything scary though, BAM best genre ever! I love songs composed in a minor scale. I love blasting the Sweeney Todd musical while driving around town cause it sends shivers up my spine. I like to pretend I am being chased by monsters/murderers/mafia members while running cause it makes it more exciting. I am obsessed with Edgar Allen Poe. I love villians more than heroes. I wish Vincent Price could read me a bedtime story every night.  I love Halloween more than Christmas. SO much more than Christmas. Since I am a bit obsessed with Halloween, Sel agreed to throw our first Halloween Party/Party ever. We started planning in August, of course.
We picked the menu
Witches Hairy Finger Breadsticks
Cinderella Pumpkin Soup
Bone Crunching Meatballs (Sel’s fav)
Ghost Potatoes
Hand Punch Soup (Sel’s idea-he used a latex glove and filled it with Diet 7-Up and green food coloring)
Gummy Body Part Cupcakes

And the activities,
Bobbing for Apples and then decorating said apples in caramel, chocolate, and other delectable goodies

And the people,
Who are some of the coolest cats in the town. Sars especially because she came and helped me get everything together for 6 hours. And Kit and Kat for helping us set up the night before and prep ourselves for this hallowed holiday by watching Psycho. And of course Sel for putting up with my obsessive planning.

 
Since you are probably read this from the link I posted on the ole Fbook, you likely already saw all of the fun pictures, printed them out, and framed them in your respective living space so I don’t need to post anymore of them here. But just know it was ridiculously fun and I wish we could have packed all our B.F.F.’s  in our tiny apartment so it could have been elevated from the best freaking party of the century to the best freaking party ever. Hope your Halloween is spooktacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment