Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Plants vs Zumba


Guess what? It is Wednesday night and my body is
refusing to mellow down again cause I went to Zumba. First off, Zumba is fantastic! If you haven't gone, go. Pretend you are in Brazil, Africa, India, Downtown Detroit and have yourself a dancing cultural experience. I often times pretend I am whatever nationality the song is originating from and I also pretend I don't remember that I lack coordination and am as white as it gets as my dear poly friend is always ready to point out.
Really wonderful things happened this week. I know I brag about my family all the time, but they deserve it. My parents sent me a really sweet Valentine package (gotta love that horror novelist and his Nancy Drew meets Stephanie Plum wife) , my beautiful cousin sent me a Valentine from her and her two AdOrAbLe kids, my Aunt and Uncle sent me a Valentine, AND my Grandma sent Sel and I both Valentines along with a gianormous cupcake with a meter worth of frosting. She even shared her Godiva chocolate. This is a HUGE deal in Grandma language. She normally hides her chocolate so no one can eat it. I think one of the major reasons she shared this time though is because the only thing she had in her fridge was a block of moldy cheese and some mustard. Oh and some homemade chocolate pretzels. I could
go on for pages and pages about how wonderful they are and all the thoughtful things they do for me.
Another item of business, I have been pondering a dream that goes a bit like this:
1. All of my family finds out we are wizards/witches
2. I discover my older family members (Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Parents, Older cousins) ALL attended Hogwarts
(This is me hugging the bust of one of my honored wizarding relatives)
3. I attend Hogwarts with my sister, cousins, Sel, roommates and all others who I adore

People I adore (maybe this is what it would like had I just gotten engaged :)
(Sel and I skipping potions)

4. I spend my time acing Charms instead of not acing Physics
5. I ride a unicorn to class or a hippogriff instead of walking up the hill
6. I eat chocolate frogs (see below-I made these for one of my classes and they were almost
as magical as the real ones)


7. I stop using I to describe my ideal dream
8. My allies and I band together and defeat immortal wizards and then everyone throws a party in the Great Hall


So what. I am obsessed with Harry Potter. It could be much worse. I could be obsessed with cooking shows or serial killers or eating my hair follicles (there is a crazy disease out there where people are addicted to doing that)

Final thing. I haven't made a post about this sort of thing for awhile cause I was under the assumption I had learned a lesson or two. Caution: For anyone reading this, I insist you not criticize my stupidity. I already did that plenty as did my roommates, Sel, and some kindly people in my complex. Also, if this ever gets back to Grams she will slaughter me because I maybe made her an explicit promise to maybe not go somewhere unless I had a hulking friend with me.
I love to run. I love to feel like I am on an adventure when I run-not some lame jog around the neighborhood. I went out for my 6-miler at 7:00PM the other night. The sun was setting and I really wanted to hit a trail instead of running along the lame, boring, safely lighted sidewalks of P-town. I went to the P-town River trail (yes, I have read the recent articles about it being dangerous. Yes, I have bowstaff, nunchuck, ninja, and boxing skills. No worries). The P-town River trail has been blocked off at one part for a while and requires one to add a blasted four miles of road running for the detour (the trail goes under a highway overpass making it impossible to "go around") defeating the purpose of running on the trail. The construction workers who somehow think it is okay to use to slabs of concrete to block off the ONLY legitimate trail are really asking for it. They are, however, considerate enough to leave a small opening that one could maybe slide under so they wouldn't have to run four miles out of his or her way. Turns out they left a bunch of barbed wire all over the place AND didn't put up a sign that the only way one can get to the other side is by walking on the partially frozen river. It also turns out to be pitch black under there and the partially frozen river maybe cracked under my weight. I bet you think you know where this is going. WRONG! I didn't die in the river. I just almost did. Or almost could have...Guess going an extra four miles from now on will only make me a better runner. Which is probably better than being a dead runner. Maybe :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey lovely I'm excited you have a blog, and you write in it! can't wait to read more excitement about your life!

    ReplyDelete