Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Zumbafied



This is hilarious! I typed in 8AM class into Google Images and found this lovely image.

Getting up at 6AM is one of the most difficult things in the world. Unless, of course, you getting up before 6AM is in relation to a road trip to Disneyland/flight to Hawaii/exciting thing that has nothing to do with exercising before your blasted 8AM class. Every. single.semester I promise myself I will not sign up for 8AM classes. When the semester starts, 8AM feels okay. The sun is usually up or semi-up, your classmates are smiling and cordial, you did the homework/reading the day before, and your brain is fully functioning so you can understand and appreciate what is being taught. Mid semester 8AM starts to feel like a back hand slap to the face. The sun hates the ungodly hour and refuses to shine until 9AM, your classmates have glazed eyes and are wearing the same clothes they did last class period, you haven't done the reading in over two days, and your brain is only activated for 5 minute intervals. As you reach the 3/4 mark of the semester, you start to understand what Dante was talking about in Inferno. The sun is vacationing in Guam and has left your abusive neighborhood baby-sitter, The Cold, to watch over you. Your classmates sneer when you walk in the door, glare at anything that breathes and mutter unintelligent threatenings to their granola bar. You don't even remember if this was the class you started the semester in cause none of the material is familiar. You also resemble a figure from the Twilight movies-pale, awkward, and wear a permanent look of constipation. I know I am still under the 1/2 way mark, but I can already feel the fiery darts of what lies ahead.
The whole point of the above rant is that I simply cannot get up at 6AM. This means I have to fit my runs/cross-training in after my classes. This also means the 8:30PM Zumba class I attended still has my body temperature and heart rate above sleeping level at 1:00AM. Fantastic.
Second item of business. I am without a journal. I finished my journal of four years last month and am now hungry for another. The solution sounds easy enough=buy another. Guess what though? I don't have enough in my checking account currently to purchase a box of cereal (okay, so only one box of cereal depending on the brand). After I get paid, I will then need to distribute my money in the proper order of survival (food, clothes, transportation, child support ;). I am pondering writing on the wall under my bed until I get a chance to dance in Vegas again...
Third. I NEED A JOURNAL. I am at a very critical point in life where I need to write things down so I won't forget them. It is also critical that I document my life so future historians can publish my journals in textbooks used to educate minds everywhere about the life of their current ruler. I am only a few sentences from spilling my soul to the internet and that NEVER is a good idea (ie Michelle Peralta-poor thing...). I also promised the CIA I wouldn't talk openly about what I have been doing for them lately...
Here we go-Thoughts-
1. I have never been a super fan of athletics, but I LOVE the current Jimmermania. It makes me adore the humor and wit of my fellow BYU students.
2. I am dying with desperation to go to Africa as was my original plan. Living among the Ghanaians, studying their medicinal practices, speaking Twi, killing mongo spiders with a hand crafted spear, living like a wild woman for 3 months..sigh.
3. Today (Feb.10) marks the day I could have turned in my mission papers. Ironically, one of my dearest friends will be opening her call today. Though thrilled beyond belief for her and excited about my future, I still somehow wish a mission as a single sister could factor into my life plan.
4. Why can't Ohio be the state next to Utah instead of Nevada? I want to be able to drive three hours and visit my lovely mom, dad, and sister.
5. I am pretty sure my four professors scheduled their tests on Valentines Day cause they hate love or me or both. I have never been a huge fan of this commercial holiday anyway, but FOUR TESTS in one day? Come on profs-a little sympathy here.
6. My laundry pile will probably eat Sars tonight and possibly me in order to sustain its MASSIVE size.
7. Sel is fantastic and makes all above mentioned things seem survivable. He made me lunch TWICE this week and bought me bread again cause I am poor and I think he maybe has a little crush on me (Almost like Hunger Games..kinda..its a stretch).
8. My sister says she never reads my blog posts because they are too long..case in point I suppose.
9. I am going to bed...
10. RIGHT NOW

1 comment:

  1. Food and Journal on it's way dear!! And something for our new sister missionary!

    ReplyDelete