Monday, November 14, 2011

Identity Theft: New Girl


There is this new show on Fox called "New Girl" with Zooey Deschanel. My mom called me a few weeks ago after the pilot telling me I HAD to watch it because she reminded her of me. Then Kit and Caboodle told me to watch it because she reminded them of me. Then my dad called. Then my sister. Then four of my friends. Then my aunt. I decided it was high time to see what all the fuss was about. You know what? Her character does remind me of myself. A lot.
BUT here is the big, fat issue with this. Zooey Deschanel is infinitely cooler than me so I feel as if I can't really claim a similarity. Second, the more I watch it the more I get slightly creeped out by how many similarities I see. Third, I am now afraid to do things I normally do for fear someone will accuse me of trying to act like this character. I am now afraid to use "Your mom" as a response to almost everything. I am afraid to sing phrases (horribly off key of course) opposed to saying them. I am even afraid to be afraid of hurting people's feelings.
She even lives in an apartment with three guys like I do! Wait...it is just me, Sel, and a whole colony of spiders. I bet some of the spiders are male though...

No comments:

Post a Comment