Wednesday, April 18, 2012

(Final)ly


Done. Done. DONE! I am done with my finals! I still cannot believe this semester is over. My last full semester of college. Still have three years of graduate school, but hey, I accomplished something, right?
Did you know miracles happen? True story. Pretty much every semester I have a mini panic attack where I know I am totally going to bomb a class. I have nightmares about it until the glorious day when grades are finally posted. Like today! Functional Anatomy was looking to backhand me, but it fetching lost. Holla! I did a dance around Kit's room when I found out that class is forever behind me. Don't get me wrong, it was a pretty awesome class. The cadaver lab was infinitely better than 220's lab, but lecture made me want to add my eyes to the specimen pile.
Orthopedic impairments = Fabulous! I feel as if I learned something useful and applicable to any career I purse. Also helped me learn about why I walk "funny". It's called internal tibial torsion, excessive pronation of my subtalar joint, and increased femoral anteversion folks. Should have had those guns loaded years ago to fire off at my lowly elementary school peers who thought recess was a good time to through kickballs at the gangly girl who walked "funny".
Peoples of India = Bam! 15 page research paper on surrogacy in India was fantastically entertaining to write. I got to visit the Hindu temple with this class, eat Brahmin food at Dr. Nuckolls house, and BEST PART Dr. Nuckolls agreed to write me a letter of recommendation for Grad school. This was the last class finishing off my minor in Anthro. and I couldn't have picked a better one. Sad that my anthro classes are over though. Pretty much my favorite part of my college education
Sculpting: Already talked about it. Already miss the art studio.
Human Development (Psych): I still feel a bit cheated in this class. I had such high hopes for learning tons of interesting things, but that is hard to do when your professor only holds class seven times in the semester. At least I get to keep the book and keep evaluating the developmental levels of babies :)
Sel's Wife: Still waiting to see how I did on the final, but I know that Sel got an A+ in being my husband :) It doesn't really matter what I got in any of my classes or what classes I actually took cause I had this man hugging me at the end of the day either way. Sel has been such a magnificent cheerleader, quizzer, chef, comedian, attractive thing to admire after staring at unattractive corpses, and most of all, my best friend. Yeah, I know it's corny. Shut up. It's true.
Now on to some of exciting things happening shortly:

Going Here

I know the last time this happened, it didn't go so well, BUT this time with Sel and friends it will not end with Caitlin almost dying.
Going to try some more of this out with Selface

DEFINITELY going here. Oh how I love thee Moab :) I am coming home soon! I am aiming to do all the hikes in the guide this time around. Even Fiery Fetching Furnace! Camping + Hiking + Moab + Sel = Best Summer Ever.
Some friends, Sel and I are also going to be hiking this again. Behold-Angel's Landing.
Wishing to go here (Goblin Valley).

Doing another one of these. Top of Utah Marathon in Logan. SO excited to start hitting all the fun trails and exploring the mountains on my long runs. Aw, I didn't think I would say this, but gracious I have missed those 12 milers in the woods.
Taking a road trip to Ohio to see this pretty girl graduate
And then going here for another adventure (Mackinac Island)
And then heading up north to see these adorable humans and kiss that little boy's chubby cheeks :)

Having another one of these (Family Reunion) with this little one who is now THREE.
And somewhat unfortunately, spending a lot of time doing this

So I can take this (And look like the confused black girl on the cover)
Let the Summer Games being! May the odds be EVER in your favor :)











1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post! You guys have such an exciting summer ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete