Thursday, April 26, 2012

You Really Know How to Dance

This is a long one because I am using my blog to console myself. I have a bit of separation anxiety from Sel. Since we have been married, we have only spent two nights apart from one another on separate occasions. This week, we will have spent three whole long nights away from each other. I have been staying in Idaho the past couple days to help Kit get all squared away for her internship and it has been fantastically fun, but made me miss my man a whole bunch. In light of missing him, I decided it would be a grand time to talk about some of the wonderful things that I adore about him. 
1. The reason we are apart for these few days is because he had to be in P-town for all of the responsibilities he has taken on recently. He is doing an internship with the Volunteer Medical Care Clinic on Tuesdays and Thursdays for two hours in the mornings and three hours in the evening. He is volunteering everyday now at Headstart for three hours. He volunteers for five hours on Wednesday nights (5pm-10pm) at the American Fork Hospital. He is also organizing all of his med school application information and studying for the GMAT in his "spare" time. Doesn't that list make you feel exhausted? Even though he has the motherload of daunting tasks, he still manages to be this magnificent, fun, and loving human. He is always excited to share a fun story from his hours of selflessness and never, ever complains. In fact, he is always sure to express his gratitude for all the different things he gets to experience. Now that is a man folks. 
2. He is the most playful human I have ever met. This past week all he and his bro did was whack each other with ninja sticks and poke one another in church. I am so appreciative that Sel can perfectly balance when it is appropriate to be responsible manbeast and playful manchild :) most of the time at least ;) I read somewhere adults only laugh 10 or so times a day. With Sel, I laugh 10 times every hour I get to spend listening to him or being with him. His humor brightens my life daily.
3. He is ALWAYS putting my needs first. He has probably spent more time researching the things I am interested in doing than I have. He makes sure I know all the time that I mean more to him than anything. 
4. He is so humble. He is more accomplished and talented and brilliant than he will ever let on. He is like no other human being I have ever met and yet, he lacks the arrogance and pride that can so easily accompany all sorts of success. 
5. He talks about my cooking like I am a female version of Emeril. I am learning and enjoying it, but I have a looooong way to go before I can fully measure up to the way he describes my abilities. 
6. His kind heart is breathtaking. He is so thoughtful and willing to help others. He can be cheap beyond belief sometimes, but most of these inhibitions of spending money disappear when he knows it will be truly helping another
7. He likes Llamas. 
8. He is a great kisser. Yup. Don't even feel awkward saying it because it is the truth. Sometimes he  makes my heart skip a few beats when he grabs me, dips me, and plants one square on my mouth. Makes me feel dizzy and not in my low blood pressure, low heart rate type of way :) Best part, it is always unexpected even though he does it frequently. 
9. Great cuddler. That is the hardest part about being away from him is the nighttime. I miss curling up against his side with my head on his chest or arm, the sound of his heartbeat lulling me to sleep. 
10. He encourages me to buy things. I have been meaning to buy new shoes since December but keep chickening out cause I HATE the idea of spending our money on clothes, shoes, hair, ect. Sel is the one that pushed me to buy a pair of Chacos today and told me to not worry at all about the price. At all. I have never heard of a man encouraging his wife to spend whatever she wants on silly shoes. 
11. He makes me feel stunning. Drop dead gorgeous. Let's be honest for a moment and own up to the fact that I am not some breathtaking goddess. With Sel, however, I am paid compliment after compliment on my skin or hair or smile or laugh or body or my hands even. He tells me I have the most lovely hands he has ever seen. I will catch him staring at me from time to time and when I ask him what he is looking at he says the world's most beautiful creation. Gah, so sweet it almost sounds fake, huh?
12. So, so SO thoughtful. This boy planned on what to get me for my birthday last November. He goes big or he goes home. I just got a BEAUTIFUL sewing machine for my birthday that he helped pick out with my wonderfully sweet in-laws in February and carefully hid it in our second bedroom until last week. He even took the time to sign me up for sewing lessons at a shop right by our apartment so I don't sew my "lovely hands" into the skirt pattern I just got. 
13. He is so patient. I am a notorious baby. The other day, I stubbed my toe on a sprinkler, collapsed in a pile, and cried. Sel, instead of telling me to get over it and get up, sat down next to me and held me until I stopped blubbering.

14. He is ridiculously strong. Always knew I wanted a real man. Not some scrawny, skinny skeleton that made me feel like a beached whale. Not that skinny ment aren't manly in their own way, but Sel just exudes pure masculinity. The men in my family are all big, strong fellows and I am glad I found one who fits in perfectly. Also, nothing cooler than being picked up and carried around like a rag doll by your husband. That man can lift ridiculous amounts of weight (aka me)
15. He is so freaking adorable with little kids. He loves them and they love him so much. We actually had a tinsy argument the other day about whose headstarters were cuter and he was so adament in insisting his little ones were the best in the universe.

 Look at this picture first of him being such an adorable little batman and second of him being SO ADORABLE with his new baby brother. We aren't ready yet for kids, but these make me want to have babies RIGHT NOW if they will come out being identical twins to this little squirt. We get in little joke tiffs about how he wants our kids to look like me, but I don't care if they look anything like me. I was bald for crying out loud. I want them to have his heart melting smile and cheeks and dimples and eyes and hair and EVERYTHING. Seriously, who wouldn't want a child that resembled this little angel?






16. He loves me. Whenever I ask him what he is doing, he always responds "loving you" before telling me what he is actually doing. Is it selfish to list the fact that he loves me as a reason I love him?  I don't think so because I love this boy more than I could ever describe. He is more perfect for me than I could have ever dreamed and I know with more surety than most things in my life that Heavenly Father made sure we found each other at the perfect time in the perfect place :) I am so grateful that on the best day of my life I was sealed to this treasure of a human being. That our lives started together with a promise of forever and the greatest happiness that could ever be. I keep thinking back to our wedding day and what it was like to kneel across from him at the alter and all I could do was cry with joy. I can't remember a whole lot about that day, but I will never, ever forget (even in my alzheimer state of oldenhood) the burning in my soul that everything that mattered in my life-what had been and what would be-was defined by that moment, by that beautiful man promising to be mine for eternity. So funny that I ever cared about flowers or my dress or my hair or invitations or what food to have at the reception and luncheon. Nothing else mattered but being in the temple with him and our beloved families for those few minutes that defined everything about our marriage.

I know I am pathetic. I don't need you to tell me that. You know what though, I LOVE IT! Never thought I would be this pathetic, romantic mess, but I find it isn't as awful as I always suspected it to be. TOMORROW SEL COMES BACK!!! Hope you are in love with someone or yourself. If not, I find Iguanas and Llamas to make extremely lovable creatures. 





2 comments:

  1. Those Warden boys sure are keepers :) I think it's good to thank them but we all know it was Deidre that made them this way haha! I love the pictures of them when they were little too.

    ReplyDelete