Friday, September 7, 2012

Mildly Interesting Schedules

Life is fantastic and happy and wonderful right now. That being said, it is also ridiculously busy. I have finally figured out that in order to feel super happy about life I need to have a balance between doing something useful with my life and having down time. Duh, right? Well, anyway, adjusting to working full time is going interestingly. I have worked full time for stretches of time since I was 16-years-old so you would think I would easily be able to adjust to this new stage of life, but alas, it is still leaving me slightly shocked by how little time Sel and I have. When we were both in school we would have a few hours throughout the day that we wouldn’t be around one another, but now it is always a full if not more than eight hours of not seeing each other. It makes the after work/school reunion extra happy J, but I secretly wish Sel was always at work with me. My usual schedule, since this post is going in a thrillingly entertaining direction already, goes as follows
7:30AM Wake up
8:00AM Drop Sel off at school
8:10AM Read some Scrips in the car
8:30AM Walk into work
8:30AM-5:00PM Keep busy doing fun insurance stuff
5:15PM Meet Sel and the gym and then scuttle off to either my kickboxing or RIPPED class
6:15PM-7:15Pm Run on the treadmill for 30-45 minutes, lift with Sel, stretch
7:30PM Feel like I am going to die cause I am so hungry. Throw something hurriedly together for dinner
8:30PM Do dishes for a century and a half/Pack lunches for tomorrow with Sel
8:45PM Finally throw my smelly body into the shower
9:00PM Say I am going to bed and really just read Mike’s Personal Finance Book with him, talk with Jess (when she is home), and do pretend homework assignments for my pretend classes that I wish I was in
Whoa! Right? You feel really lucky to have read something so riveting and eye opening. Welcome to the thrills of adulthood. We have been able to fit in ridiculously fun things like dinner with my fabulous roomies and Sel and I have a double date tonight with two of the cutest, most hilarious people in the universe, but it still feels a little hectic to plan anything outside of the above schedule. The thing is I freaking miss school. I know I spent much of my college career moaning about homework/tests/my professors distractingly large mole-hairs, but I wish I was able to do work AND school right now. Cause then I would really have no time and all which would be at the very least interesting…In all honesty, it really is going wonderfully and Sel is happy so I am happy and there is just a whole bunch of happiness going on in our home. On another actually interesting note, little Miss Kit & Mr. Kat get married in TWO WEEKS! Which means I have 14 short days to cutely complie their entire lives and love story on a slideshow. Get excited for them cause I know I amJ

No comments:

Post a Comment