Friday, January 11, 2013

Little People in Hipster Glasses

Christmas this year was fantastic! I was a little sad that it was my first Christmas away from my side of the family, BUT my mom made sure to send 342 boxes of Christmas goodness to the Sel Family Home to ensure I wasn't too sad.
Here was likely my favorite present (with the exception of the 12 pairs of tights and trillions of pairs of mismatched socks that I got)

Yup, it's a pug puppy! Wait, false, it's a keyboard with which I can now get back into piano so I can compose songs about pugs...

This was Sel's favorite present. A "gun cabinet" aka an Ikea locker for all of his nerf weapons. Genius and amazing. Sel is WAY happy about this baby. See that gun in the left hand corner? It's called the Hailfire. It is both the best and worst thing to happen to me. Best because Sel is IN LOVE with this weapon probably more than any of his others. Worst because it can shoot 40 trillion bullets in two seconds and I am usually the target. Thank goodness Dwise was wise enough to get me one too so I can shoot Sel while he is in the shower like a helpless wet kitten. Revenge is very, very sweet my friends.


Instead of being the actors in the retelling of Christ's birth, we used this adorable Little People nativity DWise (Sel's Momma) got for her grandbabies/ her adult children to play with nonstop

Sadly Joy and Roy left shortly after dinner before the real fun started.  Hence why they nor my adorable nephew are in any of these. This is the beginning of the glasses games. What are the glasses games? Read on dear reader

The Sel Family tradition is to pick out a ridiculously hilarious and fun game to all play together on Christmas Eve. This year they broke out these babies. The point of the game is to look like a complete fool. Wait...nope, I just did that naturally I believe. These fun hipster glasses can have a variety of things attached to them and then you use your head motions to "win". This lovely one I am sucking at is getting that magnet red dangling thing to hit the bulls eye on the top part of that red paddle. Ask me if it was hard.
Kit getting a plastic dolphin to jump through the hoop attachment. Please admire her fantastic Christmas shirt. All of the Sel Family Ladies got one of these lookers. I. Am. In. Love with them. I know what I will be wearing to all future Ugly Sexy Christmas Sweater Parties. Also, notice Favorite Uncle Bern being the judge in his throne behind her.

Sel looking sexy as usual wearing the shirt I happen to pack for him anytime we go anywhere. I ask him to wear this shirt every single week because, um, HELLO talk about some rugged, lumberjack stud, am I right? Of course I am.

Bri doing the pig nose one. I think this one was easily the most difficult one. Also, check out Bri's grinch shirt which all of the Sel Family boys got with their Xmas Eve pj's.  Both parts creepy and fabulous


Here's one more of me failing to do it right.

After all of the fun game time, we decided to ask the piano master extradionare DWhiz (Sel's Poptart) to play ALL of the Christmas hymns. It was beautiful and perfect and happy (even if all of us had to sing whisper the last two because our voices were shot). It left me feeling that warm Christmas glow I crave every year. This was easily my favorite part of the whole holiday.
 Gracious! I am so blessed to not only have one family of hilarious, loving, amazing humans BUT TWO!


And just so you can finish reading this with a big fat smile on your face, here is my nephew being WAY too adorable to handle. Sel was the photographer who captured this Best Photograph of the Year.






No comments:

Post a Comment