Thursday, January 10, 2013

Peace Out 2012

2012. Wow! What a year! It is crazy to think back to all that happened. It feels like it flew by. I must be getting old because time keeps going by faster and faster each year. Here are some of my favorite highlights from the year the world was supposed to end.
 * Ringing in 2012 in Ohio with my wonderful family and Sel
* My first Valentines day as a Mrs.
* St. Patrick’s Day Dinner w/ Pam & Disney
* Headstart
* Our unbelievably perfect summer road trip (Camping in Central City, Visiting old friends in Topeka, Spending time with my aunts in Chicago, Seeing the Pathology Museum in Indy, My baby sister’s high school graduation and grad party, Listening to Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter on our happy road trip, Biking around Mackinac Island, Going to Frankenmuth with Sel and my freaking amazing parents, Meeting Kit’s now hubby (Kat) and visiting our favorite uncle in Missouri, Going to the top of the Arch in St. Louis, and tying it all off with camping in one of the most Podunk towns in all America)
* Both Family Reunions
* Everything about Summer Semester 

* Peoples of India Class

* Sculpting
* Hiking back to the place we first kissed in honor of my 22nd birthday

* Graduating from BYU!!!
* Our one year anniversary at the Melting Pot and Anniversary Inn (and the sweet anniversary gift Sel gave to me- I will never get over how lucky I am to have married my perfect match)
* Spending a week in SLC dog sitting
* Kit’s Wedding and seeing her and Kat have such a happy little married life
* Sel getting 3 medical school interviews after all his hard work
* Our freaking amazing trip to Philadelphia (Reading Terminal, Independence Hall, POE’s House, The Food! Oh gracious all that delicious food!, Sel doing really well at the interview with UPenn, Everything about this trip was better than I could have ever expected)
* Bri getting engaged to one of my newest favorite people on the planet
* Doing countless fun things with my blow-your-mind away amazing best friends
* Working full time for the past 5 months and feeling very secure about our financial future because of it 
* Melting Pot and seeing the Temple Square Christmas Lights with the Sel Family
* Spending Christmas Eve singing all the Christmas hymns with the Sel family (this one will be etched into my heart for a long time I believe)
* Hearing my mom and aunt scream with delight when they opened our Christmas gifts to them (tickets to Sherlock, ahem, I mean “Shrek the Musical”)
* New Years Eve with the Milks
* Cuddling with Sel 358 days of the year. Best memory for always.

Get ready for 2013! It seriously is going to be the best year ever. Here are some things I am REALLY looking forward to
Cind having her baby (happened shortly after I wrote this post!)
Lys in Ptown again

A secret I can't tell you about yet :) 
Finding out where we will be moving for the next four years
Sel graduating from BYU
Spending my 23rd Birthday in Rome!!!
Our two week Euro Trip with Kit, Kat and D^2
Spending Christmas 2013 with my family in the Ukraine

1 comment: