Friday, February 7, 2014

Little Lumberjack

Boy oh Boy! OH BOY!
We are having a BOY! Our 20 week appointment is scheduled the last week in February, but I decided awhile ago to surprise Sel on Valentine's Day by taking him a ultrasound clinic to find out the gender of our baby. Well, I had also put us on the waiting list for a fun Valentine's Date in the woods through the metropark. I found out on Monday that we made it off the waiting list for the parks date night and had to reschedule our gender reveal appointment to….TONIGHT

When we got to the ultrasound clinic I was practically hyperventilating because I was so excited. Sel and I looked at each other right before the tech came in the room and mouthed "Girl" to one another. She got her magic wand all ready and our sweet little baby popped up on the screen. It was obvious right away that we were very wrong. He was not at all shy about shaking the goods around. He was also practicing some excellent yoga and showing off his super impressive handstand skills. He had one hand making sure everything was still developing okay downstairs and he had another hand raising the roof..probably because he was super duper proud about not leaving us hanging on what he was. 

We were both in shock because we were SO convinced it was a girl. Not a single person guessed it was a boy with the exception of my dad..sort of. At 8 weeks when we told my parents we were expecting he told me my "face looks like I am having a boy". I was like, "Dad..stop being strange and pretending you are some sort of oracle or palm reader from New Orleans". Turns out he was right at 8 weeks and dead wrong with the rest of us for the next 10 weeks. 

When we got back to the car I started laugh-crying. I was a hot, happy mess of delight. I couldn't stop talking about dressing him in little bow ties and suspenders and forcing his baby self to be Professor Snape for Halloween (Seriously though, imagine a tiny infant in a jet black wig and HP robes). I have been floating around on a little bubble of happiness all night long. It is really starting to hit home that we are going to be parents (holy cow, poor kid). I am having a SON! I am going to be chasing a little chub all around and poking his belly and wrestling his rowdy little self.
Also, I cannot wait to see Sel be a father to a little boy. One of the biggest reasons I am signing onto parenthood is to see him be the most adorable little dad there ever was. 
The little line right about his nose is his femur. If you think this is crazy flexible, just wait. 

Here he checks out the bottom of his feet

Heart rate 145. He's got a great little ticker

Well, there were some images that were better than this..but if you know what you are looking at, it's pretty easy to see what he certainly isn't shy about

And here is where I got concerned that we are still expecting an alien because he was able to get his feet allll the way over there. Win us a Gold someday little gymnast! 

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you guys! You are going to make such great parents.

    ReplyDelete