Saturday, February 8, 2014

Sugar & Spice

The day after we found out we are having a little boy, we got to celebrate the up and coming girl addition to the family! 
My first little niece should be making her grand appearance in a few short weeks and I can hardly wait. In fact, I get to add a niece AND a nephew to my list of favorite humans alive this month. Babies everywhere in the Warden family this year. 
I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with the shower originally because I am my grandmother's granddaughter and cannot for the life of me go small and simple for a party. 
Instead of talking about all my attempts at crafting, baking and cooking for this little shower of love, go ahead and check out these lovely little numbers. 

I made those little pom pom balls myself. One of them ended up more heart shape than I wanted it, but hey, I crafted and it wasn't a completed failure

We later added tomato tortellini soup to the crockpot, a platter of rolls, a bunch of candy to the other platter and some scrumptious cherry 7-up sherbet punch. It was seriously delish. 

Those beautifully frosted cupcakes were done by Selface. He is such a rockstar of a husband. He helped with the prep for this SO much. Also, notice the little Sugar & Spice signs in the back..totally made those babies. 

I asked Kari to bring some baby pictures and then we clipped them onto the poms. I've always thought my sis-in-law has a really sweet face and obviously she has had it every since she was little. Once a cutie, always a cutie.  





The sweet ladies of Toledo really know how to give adorable and perfect gifts. This little girl is going to look fly everyday all day. Especially since her mom is an expert accesorizer AND a hair stylist. Wins all around. 

And there are the two stars of the show and by that I mean Kari and her adorbs baby bump. She matched the theme really well with her adorable pink pom earrings, pink chevron scarf and extra comfy soft shirt. I had a strong desire to nuzzle her arm after putting my arm around her.

It was a funny challenge getting this all together since my brain packed it's bags a few weeks ago. I feel like an Alzheimer patient all day, everyday. I had to call Kari an hour before the shower and ask her to get ice and cups because I totally spaced it. Thanks Kari for making our two half pregnancy brains = one mostly functioning one when we are together.

Come on baby niece Warden! Can't wait to see your cute self!



No comments:

Post a Comment