Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dark Chocolate Overload

I have started four, FOUR posts to try and convey the emotions I feel about the end of the semester. This is me giving up. Instead of delving into deeper emotions, I will just narrow my focus to this week and the upcoming days. I finished my finals! This is just one of the many things that feel fake about current life. I will never take a physics class again! Kind of a bummer actually because it was really starting to get interesting with relativity, nuclear reactions, and superconductivity. I am officially CPR, AED, and Advanced First Aid certified. This supposedly means my professor’s attempts to desensitize me to gushing blood, outward protruding intestines, impaled eyeballs, poisonous bites and stings, and any form of sudden illness have been successful. The volunteers to test this theory backed out right before our final, so I can’t actually be sure. I am half-way to being ready for my marathon happening in 6 short weeks. 16 credits, my job, my calling, lack of having a time turner, and the ministries hold on my ability to use magic in front of muggles has put a bit of a damper on my training. Due to these aspects, I have officially changed my goal time of 3 hours and 28 minutes to “finish with both of my legs still attached and my heart still pumping”. I got more chocolate from my phenomenal section. In addition to previously mentioned chocolate items, I was gifted three dark chocolate Lindt balls, a twix, a snickers, and a big bag of dark chocolate M&M’s.


I think the secret about my dark chocolate obsession leaked out somewhere. My favorite one was from one of my favorite students ever. She is working on the chocolate project for the Anthropology department and heading to Venezuela for her senior thesis aka she knows a thing or two about chocolate. Many are under the false impression that European chocolate is “the best”. The lies you poor souls have been fed-literally (if you are reading this Pam, I petition for this use of literally to be acceptable on the premise of interesting use of the English language for a beautiful analogy). South American chocolate is where it is at. Instructions on how to properly partake of the chocolate were included in the wrapping. I have never felt classier. I wish I had an instruction sheet like this for all my food. Ice-cream= take one spoonful and then back away slowly until you gain some semblance of self control. Raspberries=leave some for the rest of the world population and the fishes cause they are particularly fond of both raspberries and dihydrogen monoxide. I am afraid I will never adore my students again this much. The sweet student who gave me the Venezualan chocolate actually sent my parents an email that made them cry because it was so complimentary of me. Since I am a direct product of their genetic mixing and nurturing abilities, it is actually a compliment to their evolutionary skills as human beings. A+ at life parents. I love you both!

Upcoming events: 13 hour road trip with D, B-Rose, and Lys to Portland. Sars Wedding. Easter with the future tribal members in Idaho Falls. Columbus, the Roch, Toledo (to meet the other future tribal members), and D.C. for a week or so with my family!

Summer Days Coming This Way!

No comments:

Post a Comment