Friday, July 29, 2011

Eyepatch




Two weeks = 14 Days = 336 Hours until THE day. My Dad writes books. Some of his books have been inspired by dreams he has had. Ever since I was four and my little body was racked with “frightmares”, I have suspected my father passed on a bit more to me than his height.
I have ridiculously vivid and highly detailed dreams. 99.9% of the time my dreams involve people I love dying in awful ways, people I love coming back to life as gruesome killers that I now have to kill to save the world from (sound familiar? Pet Cemetery. One of my least favorite works of my father’s. Sorry Dad! The rest of them give me warm fuzzies), someone trying to hurt my little sister, dolls that come to life and try and kill me, my parents cheating on one another, faceless murders, the list goes on. Sounds cheerful, doesn’t it?

Ever since Sel came into my life, awful dreams involving him have erupted. Here is the most recent one:

I was sitting in some bleachers and I see Sel and his “cousin” Elise fighting. After their fight, he comes and sits next to me. When I ask what he was fighting with her about he says nothing and then tells me how his temple divorce is going along swimmingly for us to get married in two weeks. The world spun as I asked what he meant by his divorce. He explained how he was afraid I might not want to marry him should I know he was getting a divorce, but he now knows how desperately I love him and would do almost anything for him. I ran away from him and called the temple office asking how far along the divorce was. The clerk informed me the divorce had been filed last week and would probably take at least a year to process. I found Sel in a random bathroom and demanded to know how his divorce had only been filed last week. He came up with some story about how his ex wouldn’t sign the papers despite them having been separated for the past two years. I told him there was no way we could get married in the temple to which he responded we could just get married civilly. I was heartbroken in the dream knowing I wanted nothing but the best and the best was getting married in the temple. I was even more heartbroken that Sel had lied to me. As I reached for my phone to call my parents, he grabbed my wrist and threw it on the floor. He then shoved me up against a mirror and told me I could never call my parents again because then they would hate him. I left the bathroom and ran into two of Sel’s friends. When they asked why I was crying and bleeding, I told them about Sel getting a divorce. The first said, “It’s a shame really. Elise is so sexy when she isn’t being crazy.” I was in shock. “Elise? You don’t mean his cousin?.” The second friend chuckled and asked if that was the story Sel had come up with to keep the truth from me. I demanded to know the whole truth and it was revealed that I was the other woman. Elise and Sel had a happy marriage till I came along and Sel decided I was the one he actually wanted to marry. So he started dating me secretly and would come home at night to his wife. He had finally told her today that he was leaving her for another woman (me) who he had been seeing for almost a year now. I turned back to the bathroom that was now a forest experiencing a torrential downpour . Sel came up to me and shook my sobbing self and told me to get over it and marry him.

Awful. Awful. Awful. I woke up in the usual distressed state I do when my brain clings to my dreams. How very opposite of everything that Sel is! To further prove this, here is the conversation I just had with him about it.
Me: I had an awful dream about you last night
Sel: (not being surprised since my dreams are usually awful) Really? What happened?
Me: Brief summary of the above dream
Sel: I know an Elise
Me: I know. It wasn’t her
Sel: Did she have an eye patch?
Me: What?
Sel: Did she have an eye patch?
Me: I just told you all about that awfulness and you are curious to whether your dream ex-wife had an eyepatch
Sel: Well, yeah. Wouldn’t it be cool if she did?

He very well is my favorite person on the planet. TWO WEEKS!!!!

1 comment: