Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Farewell to Provo

I have been posting a lot over here lately, but I promise it will be less soon since I need to spend every last minute of the next 20 days soaking up my surroundings. 
I accepted a job offer in Toledo that starts July 8th which is only 20 short days away. 20 more days of Provo life. It's so crazy how fast and real all of this is becoming. 
It is so bittersweet. I am going to miss P-town a whole bunch. So much of who I am I owe to this little town. I am going to miss the mountains and the creamery and running and biking on the Provo River trail. I am going to miss BYU campus and Banana Leaf and driving down Geneva Road at sunset. I am going to miss having so many temples so close and seeing people I know at the grocery store. I am  especially going to miss my incredible friends and family. I have spent five years laughing and smiling and crying with so many exceptional friends I have been blessed to meet here. I am lucky to have one of the best of my friends moving 90 minutes away from us in Ohio, but I still wish I could pack up all our favorite people and take them with us. Oh and our dear families. I have loved having a home in the Riv with the Milks. I spent my first Thanksgiving away from home with them and my roommates. I slept over there after Sel and I's first date and told Mugs all about this eerily perfect guy I was infatuated with. I spent those somewhat lonely, yet beautiful summers that made me love Utah even more in the comfort of their wonderful house.They have so lovingly let me call their home my own and it will be so hard to leave all of that. Oh and my Grams. I start to cry every time I think of the miles that will separate me from her. I will so desperately miss playing with our adorable cousins and talking with Sel's aunts and uncles. I will miss hearing all the stories Sel's wonderfully kind grandparents always have to share. 
And don't even remind me that our bi-monthly trips to Idaho Falls will be reduced to a mere once (if that) a year. 
We fell in love in this town. We were married in this state. We shared our first two blissful years of marriage here. 
The sweet part of it all is that we have had all this time getting to know and love our families. We are so grateful for everything we have experienced and grown to love. 












And I am excited for our new adventure ahead of us. I am excited to be close to my parents and our nephew and bro & sis-in-law. I am excited to leave our ghetto fabulous apartment and move into (hopefully) a little less ghetto town home. I am excited for my new job. I am excited to see Sel go through medical school. I am excited to spend most of our days under the beautiful gray skies of Toledo. I am SO excited to be 90 minutes away from Rochester. We have so much to look back fondly on and so much to look forward to. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes I made the photo essay!
    Hahahha
    I'm so excited for your new adventure!! Fingers crossed that we end up in the same state!

    ReplyDelete