Monday, June 17, 2013

Poptart


I actually wrote this in November last year when I was going to do the everyday thankful post that lasted for, um, one day :) But as yesterday was Father's Day and my dad's birthday was the day before that, I figured my timing to post this was impeccable :)
Happy Father's Day/Birthday Daddy!

My dad is hands down the best father that has EVER lived. He used to have this sign (might still have it) that says, "Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a daddy"
I have never had a single day in my life where I doubted that I was uncondtionally loved. I love looking at old picutres of my dad as a new father and seeing the overwhelming joy he had and continues to have in the role. My dad never let anyone of us question that is number one priorty in life was us.
My dad is one of the most easy going indviduals I have ever met. Which, if you know much about the three females that make up the other 3/4's of my family, is remarkable. A miracle in fact.
My dad also has such a tender little heart. He tears up easily especially when it involves us. (Mostly me cause I am his favorite. Right Dad? Right?)
He is so very thoughtful and puts so much effort into our family. On Valentine's every single year, he would get home from work, park the car a few houses down, drop a bunch of flowers, chocolate and other goodies on the porth, ring the doorbell and book it full power back to the car. We would come out and observe the presents from the Valentine's fairy and then a few minutes later, my dad's car would roll into the driveway and he would act shocked when we showed him our presents.
My dad also made sure my family knew he loved Christ and His gospel. He never forced his belief upon my sister and I, but encouraged us to find out for ourselves what we thought was true. I cannot count the times I would peek into my parents bedroom only to find my father on his knees or reading his scriptures. He never had to bear his testimony of the gospel to me (even though he did on countless occasions) cause I saw him living it daily.
My dad is one of my best friends, my confident, and my hero. He truly is that someone who chose to be special enough to be called daddy.

Being sweet with his mom (Grams)


My dad LOVES babies. He doesn't know yet how much he is going to love being a grandpa :) 

Again, proof he will be the world's best grandpa on top of being the world's best dad



My dad is so lucky to have produced such an attractive, sane daughter like myself

Tender daddy-daughter dance (here's a whole three of the exact same thing for you because I love it so much)


hat someone who chose to be special enough to be called daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment