Thursday, June 27, 2013

If I Die Young

This is kind of a morbid one…but also not because what I worried would happen did not and I am still gratefully alive. I had the interesting experience of contemplating what exactly I would do if I was shot at work by an angry employee. Would I have enough time to write a note to Sel or my parents? What would I even say in said note? Would I die quickly and have almost no chance to quickly reflect on the beautiful parts of my life? What would I hope Sel would do should I exit this life so soon? Since I realized shortly after the likelihood of getting a chance to pass on my dying wishes were pretty slim if I was going to get shot at work. All week since I have been compiling things I would want to tell my family and Sel if I only had a few seconds left. Number one, of course, would be to tell all my loved ones how much I loved them, how much I would miss them, and how grateful I was for every single person that had a positive influence in my life. I would want my parents to adopt an African baby in my honor and name it Faiden because they love that name so much :) I would want my little sister to live a happy, full life and never, ever give up on her dreams and marry someone that would make it feel like Christmas everyday for her. I would want Sel to get married to someone else that made him so deliriously happy and someone who would have a cute, little Sel-like family with. I would also want him to still go to medical school this semester right after my funeral. Oh and speaking of my funeral, I would want everyone to wear neon green. EVERYONE. Even my grams. And I would want them to save the ridiculous amount it costs for a plot and casket and instead sprinkle my ashes anywhere in the Utah mountains.

If anyone ever missed me, they would just have to take a hiking trip and come up with all these poetic comparisons about the beautiful mountains to me. Maybe one of my loved ones would even write an amazing poem that became famous and then they would make bank (you're welcome unknown loved one to whom I will indirectly guide your future for the better). At the funeral, there would need to be a minimum of three Josh Groban songs played or performed. Ideally, Josh Groban would attend cause we are pretty much best friends and everyone would have to eat one piece of a Rittersport (even Mugs and Jen who refuse to eat chocolate). I have been going back and forth on whether I would want a picture slideshow..and decided against putting any pictures that are adorable. I would want all pictures to be of me making ridiculous faces or doing something stupid. And then everyone would release neon green balloons into the air and no one would feel angry at the person who killed me.. Someone would, of course, have to take on the task of writing a book about me and how awesome I was. I would probably leave it to my sister or dad. Okay, definitely my dad so then he and the author that shares his name could battle it out for who is the best.
I know all of this sounds kind of silly for a funeral, but I am dead (bad choice of words) serious. I actually do want people to wear neon green (preferablly the men would wear neon green bowties because bowties are cool and the women wear neon green tights) to my funeral and eat Rittersport in my honor. Again, very much grateful that I am still alive and the worst didn't happen (even though it was such a stressful, awful situation). I am even more grateful I had the chance to write all of my last wishes down so that people won't wonder what to do if something bad ever did happen.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you had a near death experience! But I'll never forget about the neon green thing. Years and years.

    ReplyDelete