Monday, June 17, 2013

Belated Mom's Day

So we were in Italy over my mom's birthday and mother's day..and this is also another one of those posts I wrote in November that was just itching to be published so my mom could read it and think about how great she is :)


I could never sum up all that my mom means to me. All that she has done for me and taught me and given me. SO instead, let me tell you some superb things about my momma that make her the perfect mother.
My mom LOVES to read. Obsessively in fact. She made sure my sister and I learned to read ASAP so we too could share her love. I cannot count the hours spent at the library scanning through potential adventures. I am so grateful for her intellect and for so adamently sharing her love of it with me.
My mom is one of the most sarcastic people on the planet. Everyone she meets will comment on how easily my mom can make them laugh. Most cannot even say her name without a fond little chuckle .
My mom (my dad helped on this too) taught me to accept and love all. I am so grateful for the lesson I learned early on that everyone is different and should be appreciated for their differences. I will never forget one FHE where my mother was brought to tears remembering times in her life when people did not treat her the way she should have been treated. Or the other time during that FHE where she too cried that she did not treat another the way they should have been treated. This experience struck a chord in my young heart and reminded throughout the years that I never wanted to bring another pain simply because I was unwilling to look past labels of soceity.
My mom has made countless sacrifices to ensure I have had this blessed life I now lead. I am grateful for her selflessness, her warmth, her friendship and most of all, her love.

My parents being cute and in love

Our King family reunion last year and my mom being fantastic at the donut eating contest. 


Chicago 


No comments:

Post a Comment