Saturday, December 19, 2015

Baby #2 (7-8 weeks?)

These days are going by soooo slow. Something I remember vividly from the first time around with Rowan. Why must Oct 30th be forever away? The pregnancy crazy has decided to make a reappearance, but luckily not as intense as the first time. Hopefully it keeps that way in the passing weeks.

1. Number of Weeks:  About 8 weeks? Still not sure about this. We will find out in TEN days! Come on and get here already. 

2. Due Date:  Somewhere between May 28th, 2016- June 3rd, 2016? Which going by how late Rowan was, most likely the middle of June. 

3. Gender : I still feel like I know on this one, but I probably don't. I honestly would be happy with either! A little buddy for Rowan or a little sis for him. I still am trying to convince Sel to let me find out as my Christmas present, but he wants to wait until it's Free.99 at the OB office in January. 

4. Baby Size: About the size of a raspberry. 

5. Weight Gain/Loss: Down 4 lbs. With Rowan's pregnancy I lost 13 lbs in the first trimester without really being sick. I just wasn't as interested in food which wasn't the worst thing that could have happened to my food-loving self. This time around, I find my nausea peaks when I am hungry. If I am able to get past the first few bites, I feel fine. I am sooo lucky in pregnancy. I know too many friends and family who get ragingly sick and I seriously don't know how they do it. I was a bit terrified of getting pregnant again while having to chase Rowan around, but I've been amazingly blessed.

6 Maternity Clothes: Still no. The attractive bloating from the past few weeks has diminished a bit. 

7. Energy/Sleep Still not overwhelming with this one. It's not an all day thing. It will hit randomly and then stop if I sit down for a little bit.  

8. Symptoms: They really come and go. The crazy has set in regarding my fluctuating symptoms. When I feel normal, I am convinced we've lost the baby. When the nausea, aches, and irritability return I feel better thinking everything is okay. I know that sounds nuts, but I've always been a little crazy. It makes sense that pregnancy sends me over that line I constantly tip-toe around. My emotions aren't nearly as intense and volatile as before. Instead of mood swings, I've been having temperature swings. I will get so, so hot I can hardly handle it. Five minutes later I will be throwing on layers upon layers of blankets, coats, sweaters to keep warm.

9. Exercise: I am very proud of myself for exercising everyday (minus Sunday) so far. The days I work leave me pretty worn down, but I've managed to force myself to walk on the treadmill or do my pregnancy video tape anyway. I also ran a mile at the gym today and felt relatively normal during it. Enough to, of course, convince me I was miscarrying. WHY AM I SO CRAZY? Why do people feel the need to tell pregnant women about miscarriages immediately upon hearing they are expecting? 

10. Thoughts for this Week I just can't wait for our ultrasound! I just want to see the little bean, see the heartbeat and have someone else confirm that this is actually happening. We've told a small handful of people and I can hardly wait to tell our families. We had this idea of waiting until we found out the gender to spill the beans, but I don't think I can wait that long. I've been having a bit of guilt about having another since it's been effecting my milk supply for Rowan. He will nurse for a little bit, then look up at me with those big blue eyes of his and plead for more milk. It hurts my heart a little bit to not be able to give it to him. He also hates juice and plain milk so weaning him to something else is going about as well as you could imagine for a child who hates anything but water or chocolate milk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment