Saturday, December 19, 2015

Baby #2 9 Weeks

We saw our baby! And he's adorable! It was so wonderful to see his little heart beating happily along inside of me.
1. Number of Weeks:  9 Weeks officially. I was so relieved and happy to see our healthy baby, but also disappointed that I lost 9 days of what I thought were hard-earned first trimester days. Every day seems to massively count these first few months and I was admittedly disappointed to be bumped back. However, I am pretty sure this happened with Rowan too. They based it off of my LMP instead of my ultrasound which made Rowan seem extra late when he was probably just a week late. 

2. Due Date:  June 7th, 2016. 

3. Gender : I am now 100% certain it is a boy. I would be absolutely floored if they tell us girl in a few weeks. I just feel boy. This pregnancy is about the same as Rowan's. Also, I looked up the Ramzi method after our ultrasound and this little guy is for sure nestled on the right side. My correct inclinations will be proven right the week of Christmas. Yay! Can you believe Christmas is only 8 weeks away? 

4. Baby Size: About the size of a grape

5. Weight Gain/Loss: Still down  a few lbs. Nothing significant.  I am still feeling relatively fine. I will feel sick or have an aversion to something and still manage to eat it. The other day I proudly chowed through a salad that seemed repulsive. Then I also ate a handful of chocolate that seemed disgusting…so not much to be proud of for "overcoming" my pregnancy sickness.

6 Maternity Clothes: I pulled on some glorious maternity capri's today because it has been unnaturally warm for November in Ohio. They were comfy to the max albeit big. 

7. Energy/Sleep I took a nap today and it was amazing. I crave them on the days I work, but am luckily getting through just fine. 

8. Symptoms: They change day to day. Today I've been feeling really my pelvis is trying to expand at an unnaturally quick pace. Sounds cute doesn't it? I also have a super power nose that is ruining my life. Poopy diapers get me the closest I have so far to throwing up.

9. Exercise: Still doing pretty good here. Rowan was sick today so I didn't take him to the gym. I vowed to run while he was napping, but I napped instead. Oh well.
I am also sadly still having trouble with my Achilles which is the worst. It's the longest injury I've had to deal with and I don't see it getting better during pregnancy.

10. Cravings/Aversions Refried beans. Except every time I open the can I want to vomit. It smells like cat food. Once it is warmed up though, that baby and I sing hallelujah to those beautiful Latin's who brought culinary joy to America.
Also, water. A never ending supply of dihydrogen monoxide please. I forgot that my office went through an extra three gallons of water (for real though) when I was pregnant. It makes me have to pee every millisecond, but I don't even care because it is alllll I want.
Fruit. I want ALL of the fruit. All of it.
I thought I wanted chocolate cake the other day and it was a huge mistake. I took one bite of that expensive layered raspberry drizzled dessert and hated it. I really ought to be celebrating my aversion to "unhealthy" foods, but my brain has yet to catch up with my stomach.


11. Thoughts for this Week It still doesn't feel real. Is that weird? I saw there is for sure a baby in there and yet I still feel a bit in shock. Maybe when the belly starts to show up again it will feel real? I remember thinking once we knew Row's gender it would feel real, but I feel so certain on this new little guy that I don't think finding out I am right would make it all of a sudden real. I have a feeling the next two months are going to fly by with all the holidays. Let's hope Sel being away for six straight weeks will not change the quick succession of these upcoming weeks.
 Our new little guy.
Also, I threw a Harry Potter party for Halloween and discovered I am famous on Pinterest and no one even told me. I made those beautiful chocolate frogs junior year at BYU and it was pinned all over the place for HP related things. Of all the places to be famous, Pinterest was the absolute last place I would have expected. Hollywood's Hottest Actresses, Nobel Peace Prize Winners, Best Selling Author perhaps, but not a page dedicated to perfect crafting, cooking, and whatever else. 


No comments:

Post a Comment