Saturday, December 19, 2015

Baby #2 (8-9 weeks)

We told our whole families this week. We were planning on waiting and doing it in some fun way, but failed. We are sort of lazy when it comes to that sort of thing.

1. Number of Weeks:  About 9 weeks? Still not sure about this. We will find out this week! I can hardly wait for Friday!!

2. Due Date:  Somewhere between May 28th, 2016- June 3rd, 2016? Which going by how late Rowan was, most likely the middle of June. 

3. Gender : I am almost 99% certain it is a boy. Mother's intuition? I was right about Rowan. I kept saying girl so I wouldn't be disappointed if it wasn't a boy. Also, let me say something about that. All babies are blessings and it doesn't matter the gender. I've learned plenty in raising a very sensitive, sweet, emotional boy that gender truly doesn't determine much of a personality. 

4. Baby Size: About the size of a grape

5. Weight Gain/Loss: Down 5 lbs. I am such a naive fool. I kept saying I feel so great! Hello week 9. I had forgotten when this thing gets real and it's now. Most food makes me want to gag. I will take a bite then dream about throwing up. My body is so amazingly good at not throwing up though even when it would help. I've even tried to make myself hurl a few times when it was really bad and no luck. If you ever want to poison me, rest assured I will inevitably die because I won't be able to empty my stomach of the poison. I am still exercising regularly, nursing and growing a human so I think my body is in overdrive for calorie burning. I would be pleased if I didn't feel like throwing up. Alllso smells. Today Sel had chicken for breakfast and I had to leave the house for three hours because I couldn't stand it.

6 Maternity Clothes: Still no. My clothes are fitting so weird. Some that were tight a few weeks ago keep falling off of me. I think my waist is slimming out while my booty is greedily taking any food I can eat. 

7. Energy/Sleep Things have started to hit the fan this week. It's still not a constant feeling of exhaustion. It will just hit me for a little bit. I am able to take a nap on my days off and that has helped SO much!

8. Symptoms: I really am so thankful for my constant feeling of nausea lately. It makes me feel like my baby really is growing healthily if my body is changing so much each passing day. Since I can't throw up, my body has been dealing with that in a different passageway. I won't go on because absolutely no one wants to know anything else about that, especially me.

9. Exercise: My goal has been to run a mile everyday that I am off. I've had to start doing a more "interval" mile. I will run 1/4 then walk 1/4 then run the rest. I usually go about 2.5 miles total in my 30 minutes on the treadmill. Doubt anyone cares about the specifics, but just know I am really trying to keep up with exercise and it's mostly working.

10. Cravings/Aversions Apples. I could eat a bushel a day. Bagels. There was an incident this week where I cried over a bagel Sel bought me because I was so, so grateful for him and it. I then walked over to Panera and got another bagel five minutes later. I wish I could only eat bagels and not feel bad about it.
Pizza is awful, but I mostly already knew that. I've entered a phase I remember too well from the last time where I will make food or be mid-process of making food, then decide it's the most disgusting thing in the universe. It's made for a lot of wasted meals at our house. We also have been eating out way too often because of this. I'm the worst.


11. Thoughts for this Week I cannot what for FRIDAY! I have had a few mood swings and done better at keeping myself in check. Sel is a patient man with my grumpiness. There is so much going on this week to distract me from my mounting desire for it to just be freaking Friday already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment