Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Instead Of

This entry is not what you think. You might be reading it going, "Wow, this is just a giant vent posted for the entire internet world to see and judge L for her negative attitude by" I hate to be the one to break this to you, but you couldn't be more incorrect. This is ACTUALLY an entry about how awesome I feel about my life at this very beautiful hour of 1:15AM.

So...

Instead of telling you how my computer power cord has been stolen by the same devilish creatures who stole my graphing calculator and Sel's bike, I will tell you about the tasty chicken sandwich Sel made for our lunch today.


Instead of telling you that not having my power cord has taken away my chance at signing up for next semester classes, I will tell you about how Sel, Pam, and I just ate popcorn and talked about patronuses.


Instead of telling you about how Sel and I got all geared up to sign up for my classes on his computer and instead watched as the same outlandish error reappeared every blasted time we clicked add, I will tel you about how Kit brought me a whole bunch of Zotz and graced me with her beautiful presence


Instead of telling you how I am still sitting here twenty minutes after trying to log back in on my roommates sloth like computer, I will tell you about how fun it was to talk to my baby sister today.


Instead of cringing as I publicly admit I should have listened to my father's advice to NOT take my religion class, I will tell you about how I am still right despite my father's advice. Somehow


Instead of commencing a doll genocide to express my deep loathing and overpowering disdain for the hours of life my Living Prophets project has stolen from me, I will tell you about how I still plan to commence a doll genocide to make the world a better, safer, and less creepy place


Instead of telling you how I failed to do something I REALLY needed to do to rid myself of building animosity, I will tell you how my Home Teachers came and reminded me to be optimistic and love everyone even if they stretch your patience beyond what you thought possible


Instead of telling you how pointless my physics lab was today, I will tell you about how Dr. Stokes swore in front of the entire class.


Instead of telling you that tomorrow I have a Biomechanics quiz at 8AM, a previously mentioned Living Prophets project of satanic proportions due at 9AM, a bandaging quiz I am nowhere near prepared for at 12PM, office hours from 2:00PM-5:00PM and my Technical Writing Group Presentation tomorrow at 5:15PM, I will tell you about how D and I had a jolly good time stalking famous people on Facebook


Instead of telling you about how I also have to fit my 7 mile repeats workout in to my life tomorrow, I will tell you about how the woman who birthed me is going to come out in May to help me find a toga for the wedding.


Instead of worrying about my ability to restrain myself for attacking anyone tomorrow that looks at my sleep deprived, stressed out, unshowered, frustrated, orange hating, cordless, classless, calculatorless self, I am going to embrace the opportunity to have my face splashed across the Daily Universe with the heading, "BYU Student Institutionalized After Attacking 9 Helpless Freshman, 13 Armed Policemen, 96 American Girl Dolls, and All Fuzzy Creatures Within a 5-Mile Radius of Campus"


Now, don't you feel inspired by my extreme optimism in less than circumstances? Go ahead and smile the day away knowing life is one big ball of joyful happenings because you weren't attacked by a neurotic, highly trained, unshowered college student.


L

No comments:

Post a Comment