Friday, March 4, 2011

Sel Threatens Grobbers


(Meant to post this a few days ago, but got a bit distracted ;)
I try not to inundate the internet world with my ranting, but a very dire situation occurred yesterday that has forced my typing hand. My dear mother has a very interesting way of telling me bad news. She will usually ask me a question along the lines of "Do you want to hear the worst thing in the world?" or "Do you want to know something that will make you terribly upset?". I generally respond with "No mother. Why would I want to hear anything along those lines....(long silent pause on the line)..sigh, just tell me". My olive skinned mother relayed her worst news yet to me in our conversation and now I am dealing with a big fat dilemma. Before I get to the bad news, I need to establish some things so all can really feel the pity my case demands.
My sophomore year in high school was probably my favorite. It also happened to be my most hectic year.
....(so Sel just changed the whole direction of this post by knocking on my door!!!!!) :) :) :) :) My leading up to the news that was terrible is still relevant. Back to my sophomore year. My daily schedule went a bit like this
5:30AM Roll out of bed
6:00-7:00AM Seminary
7:30-2:30PM School
2:30-3:00PM Make a brief appearance at my various clubs (Yeah for Key Club, German Club, French Club, Thespian Society. Boo for NHS)
3:00-5:45PM Cross-country practice
6:00-9:00PM 42nd Street Rehearsal (Good thing I knew how to tap dance and sing and be musically gifted. NOT. Still one of the most fun things I ever did in high school though. I usually showed up to rehearsal in my running spandex which led to me wearing spandex, moon boots and my dad's old sweatshirts the rest of my high school career. Go ahead. Ask me if I was attractive.)
9:00-12:00AM Homework/Studying/Shower maybe eat something

It was crazy. One day after a particularly grueling workout (1000m repeats at OU), my coach pulledme aside and told me I needed to pick up my pace if I wanted to run at States. As I crawled into the Beast, I felt overwhelmed with my life. I did the thing I probably did best in high school and am doing pretty okay at still. I started bawling my eyes out. This is the moment when I met him. The most perfect voice in the world started singing, "You are loved. Don't give up" From that moment, we were inseparable. He went with me on runs. Rode with me on the bus. Sang me to sleep. Made road trips joyful. Taught me lyrics in French and Italian. Let me fall when I needed to. Until quite recently, it was only his every album and two or three musicals gracing my ipod library. We finally decided to marry. The only problem was he had decided to only tour in Europe for five years. He told me it was because I was his muse and he was afraid upon meeting me his heart wrenching songs about love would lose their deep, beautiful emotion. We agreed to get married anyway in 2014 in Rome, Italy in the new LDS temple and have a reception at the Sistine chapel. Then along came Sel. I had to have a bit of a talk with my long time companion, Josh Groban. He understood and we decided we would still be friends. The fates would have it that he decided to FINALLY (after five and half blasted years of following the Josh Groban Fan website) to come to America. Mostly to see my wedding and do a bit of singing on the side. He forgot to talk to me about details and ended up scheduling his performance in Salt Lake on August 13th-the day Sel and I were planning our Idaho Falls reception. I knew it was because Josh was still in love with me and was trying to make me chose between him and Sel. I ran to Sel's house to tell him the news. I maybe cried a bit. He thought I was a bit crazy. Then Sel proved for the millioneth time why he is the most amazing man in the whole world-infinitely better than my singing ex. He called Josh. He threatened to beat him up unless he changed the concert date. Josh was frightened, but there were some legal things he simply couldn't change. So Sel decided to be the bigger man and just buy tickets for us (to make everything right between our triangle of love) and change the reception to Tuesday. :)
Looks like there are two seats near the stage reserved for Mr. & Mrs. Sel and I can barely contain my happiness at the thought. Poor Josh. He is going to be SO jealous! ;)

(Josh being depressed about losing me to a much better man)
(Sel returning happily home from a day at sea)

1 comment: