Friday, May 20, 2011

Let's Hear it For the Boy!

I am spoiled. I have pretty much been spoiled my entire life. Mrs. Peacock & Mr. Green (in the conservatory with the revolver) spoil me. My extended family spoils me. My future in-laws spoil me. My friends spoil me. My rogue godfather currently evading dementors spoils me. Sel, however, takes it to a whole new level. This morning I woke up and smelled something horrificly rotten. After mentally accusing Matt of not bathing, I suddenly realized it was me. Sel has officially spoiled me rotten. This is Sel getting the call this morning that I was being admitted to the hospital with a bad case of Spoilitosis.



He was slightly overwhelmed by it.




The doctors have been doing some pretty extensive tests and they suspect my Spoilitosis took a turn for the worst starting on May 11, 2011. What happened on May 11, 2011? Well, that was the day Sel picked me up from there airport. As I rounded a corner, there was Sel. Looking handsome and holding the most beautiful boquet of flowers I have ever seen.


Aren't they gorgeous? He then proceeded to carry all my luggage to the car and present me with this tasty birthday cake.




(This is actually the ice cream cake Sel and I made for Kit's birthday. Kit has recently decided to join the Jewish religion and we felt it appropriate to make her a multi-purpose celebration cake...actually theses are her initials. Of course the letter candy package I got didn't have enough to spell her full name)



Sel also gave me a birthday present of pure joy: colorful socks and something to help me take all the credits I want to before I graduate. You may be asking yourself right now, "Oh. My. Goodness. Is that the HP time turner?" Are you understanding a bit more now why I have contracted Spoilitosis? You know what the crazy thing is? My Spoilitosis has progressed rapidly in the past two weeks. The doctors think this Saturday was the last thing my body could take before it was completely overwhelmed. As mentioned, I have been training for a marathon. This last Saturday was my day to do 20 big, fat miles. D-Wise started the spoiling process by buying me a runner's survival pack. I got Gu galore, two pairs of anti-blister socks (so I could mismatch them), a muscle roller, Energy Gushers and Jelly Beans. She also called a couple of her marathoner friends to ask for advice on good running routes. Some of her sweet friends decided to run/bike (my new friend Lisa has a stress fracture in her foot) with me for the last ten miles. My other new running buddies, Nate and Emily had to leave for SLC at 9:15AM which meant I had to get in ten miles before meeting up with them and Royal Whiz at 7:30AM. Guess who decided to wake up at 5:45AM with me and bike the entire course? Yup, it was Sel. Sel got up before the sun with me and was cheerful, enthusiastic, and SO helpful. He gathered all the Gu and water into the little bike basket and spent the whole 3 hours and 18 minutes cheering me on, throwing me water, helping me choke down the nasty energy packets, and spoiling me rotten. My body and will power began to decline at mile 18, but Sel kept me going. He rode faithfully alongside of me telling me encouraging things and he even played "Eye of the Tiger" on Royale Whiz's iphone for the last half mile. You would think sacrificing an opportunity to sleep in, riding around on an uncomforable bike, and spending three hours doing everything possible to make sure I didn't die would be where Sel's selflessness ended. Guess what? It didn't. The second we were done, D-Wise, Royale Whiz, Sel and I ran to the gas station to get some Powerade for my muscles. When we got back, Sel filled the bath with cold water and carried a bunch of ice up the stairs to pour in there. He held my shoulders while I shivered away and put ice on my quads for me. Sel then rubbed down my muscles with the roller D-Wise got for us and icy hot for just over an hour. Sel didn't think about himself for a straight seven hours. Sel usually doesn't think about himself. He is always trying to spoil me in some way. The doctors are pretty sure my Spoilitosis is going to be a chronic condition due to Sel being such a powerful source of Spoilitosis. Turns out all of the doctors, nurses and patients have been trying to contract Sel Spoilitosis without success and were plotting up grandeur schemes to catch some strand of it before I left the hospital. Poor things. Knowing Sel's tendancy to overwhelm vast numbers of people with Spoilitosis, I am not too worried for everyone else. I am sure Sel Spoilitosis will just increase in epidemic nature in the years to come.






No comments:

Post a Comment